njpilot

Bill To Ban Possession of Body Armor

Well, hopefully this will go no where in the GOP controlled House.

CA Rep wants to ban body armor for all but, police, military and gov't.

Screw the people's ability to protect themselves.

http://www.guns.com/2014/08/08/congressman-wants-to-ban-sale-of-enhanced-body-armor-to-civilians/

Well, hopefully this will go no where in the GOP controlled House.

CA Rep wants to ban body armor for all but, police, military and gov't.

Screw the people's ability to protect themselves.

Same faulty logic as mag limits.  :rolleyes:   I have no problem with "use of body armour as an aggravating factor" in the commissiion a crime.   But use for "HD/SD" (if one should choose that - might be a bit "tin foilish"  :D)  should not be illegal... And what about use of body armour for civilians "protected" by LE (WPP candidates, potential witnesses, etc. etc.)??? Or used by "private security" to protect their clients... :dontknow:

These legislators need to stop banning things, and start getting touch on actions.  That means it should be legal to own anything you want, but give penalties when it is used inappropriately.  That means body Armour should be perfectly legal to own, and you should be able to wear it 24/7 if you want with no penalty; UNLESS you are using it to aide in committing a crime - then you get punished (significantly) for it.

These legislators need to stop banning things, and start getting touch on actions.  That means it should be legal to own anything you want, but give penalties when it is used inappropriately.  That means body Armour should be perfectly legal to own, and you should be able to wear it 24/7 if you want with no penalty; UNLESS you are using it to aide in committing a crime - then you get punished (significantly) for it.

Best laugh I've had all week, thanks! You do know that they are out to eliminate all forms of free choice, right? Government specified toilet paper is next.

Can we start panic buying yet?

Will that help? I understand that, according to the proposed law, both "possession and use" will be illegal.   :dontknow:

I can see it now.... "Confiscate...Confiscate...Confiscate!" :rolleyes:

I think ALL politicians need to undergo a complete mental health evaluation and drug testing, criminal, financial background checks before running for office and every year that they remain in office.

They'll exempt themselves before the law passes.  :facepalm:

This is all very simple... it's all about people "in control" wanting to stay "in control" and not permitting anyone else to "gain control" from them...

Right on!

I guess they don't want armed gunman going on a rampage wearing body armor that impervious to any of the weapons the police carry. Makes sense to me.

I guess it would make sense to ban any "military style" weapons that could be used against police as well. I wish my level IV plates make me impervious to gunfire lol.

Even if you ban it, you think the criminals who are willing to go on a rampage with (far likely illegal) weapons will care about illegally procuring body armor?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Even if you ban it, you think the criminals who are willing to go on a rampage with (far likely illegal) weapons will care about illegally procuring body armor?

I'm sure they will be far too busy trying to figure out how many rounds they can legally have in their magazines during a rampage, that they will not even have time to even consider the body armor. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just in case, we better pass this into law, that way they will be forced to comply. I mean who would even think of having illegal mags and illegal body armor, on a perfectly legal rampage    :nono:

I guess they don't want armed gunman going on a rampage wearing body armor that impervious to any of the weapons the police carry.  Makes sense to me.

We should also ban cars capable of going over the posted speed limit. Or pens, paper, pencils, ink, and keyboards that are capable of producing libel.

We should also ban cars capable of going over the posted speed limit. Or pens, paper, pencils, ink, and keyboards that are capable of producing libel.

And while were at it, I don't like spicy food. It makes my tummy sad. Better get rid of that too, since otherwise there is no stopping me from blowing up my toilet on a regular basis.

Ok, serious face on now! :sclerosis:

Its political business as usual with this bullshit. Make up some tough on crime sounding bill, and watch the votes roll in from the uninformed public come election time. Nothing new.