njdave

Any members of cherry ridge interested in IDPA?

Hi my name is Dave, I have been a member at cherry ridge for a few years now and have been wondering why the club never has an IDPA match. I contacted the president and was told that volunteers would be needed. So iam wondering if there would be any interest, and in all honesty I have no idea what iam doing. I would love to start something and make use of the range by bringing something new to the mix.

There are a lot of IDPA shooters in the northern part of the state. There are also several matches already within their reach - but I'm sure that something directly within their midst would be a bonus. You just don't want to conflict with already existing matches and dilute their base of shooters.

Maybe come out and attend/participate in some IDPA matches to help you decide the direction in which to go. There is a match at Somerset (SCFGPA) this coming Sunday (8/17) and there are still slots open (must pre-register).

Good luck in your endeavor.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I didn't post that to scare you off the idea - just to let you know that you should give some consideration to other clubs running matches that service the same area.

Here is where to register for the Somerset match...

http://www.somersetidpa.com/matches/

If you just want to spectate, no need to register, but make sure you have eyes & ears.

Adios,

Pizza Bob