High Exposure

An unloaded handgun is useless when your life is in the line.

In my opinion, an unloaded firearm is a paperweight. As others have stated, when at home I am never more than 10-15 feet from a ready to go firearm. Having a HD weapon upstairs in the nightstand does you no good if you need it downstairs in the living room RFN!

Again, my personal opinion.

After one Simmunitions class at Gun For Hire , I decided loaded and ready to go was the only way I would have a shot ( intentional pun ) . And because of IDPA practice and tactical classes at Gun For Hire , I don't like safeties on guns. The end.

I have 3 small kids . I have good safes and the guns are either in my holster on my person , or in my safe. They are not allowed to touch any other surface in the house. No putting them down for a minute to use the bathroom or walk the dog. Safe ...or holster. No other options and that is how I stay safe with one chambered.

Mangina has to be a typo. Who lives with that last name!?!?!? lol

They are not allowed to touch any other surface in the house. No putting them down for a minute to use the bathroom or walk the dog. Safe ...or holster. No other options

That's a really good practice.

It's the same as "Every gun is always loaded".

Have set rules, never break them and you'll always be safe.

I keep a H&K P7 PSP loaded with one in the pipe for my HD weapon. My young kids do not have access to it, but the P7 is extremely safe with a round chambered, and the squeeze safety requires 13lbs of pressure to bring the gun to a ready to fire state, which is not something that my kids could possibly accomplish.

My only kid turns 25 this week, so NO issues there.  Sandy has three kids and a GREAT system in-place (that others should follow for maximum security AND maximum peace of mind)!  I have 3-4 guns placed around my small house.  I practice dry-firing with ALL of them, and even include weak-hand ONLY shooting when I mentor (to show how it can be done).  Last week I went to the range and shot some clays with friends.  I tried airborne clays from the weak side and managed to break all attempted, so I'M READY, lol!  And The Boss (Wife of 31+ years) likes the Model #19 revolver.  

Try instinctively point-shooting, using just the front sight.  And practice with the Girl you're bringin' to the Dance.......