I have no HK's and never planned to get any but that VP9 is a very nicely designed and good looking handgun that I may look into for the future. Damn is that thing sexy.

For what HK usually makes/costs, it's very budget friendly too. I wasn't going to look too much into it because HK usually = $$$. I decided to take a peek, and was very pleased at the prices around my area. Just will take me a bit longer to save for my next 9mm then I thought is all :p

Ruger SR 9

My original plan was Ruger SR45 and either a S&W SD9 VE or Ruger 9E, but now that I see the HK, I may just go for one of them for a little less, then save for a 1911. EEK, the addiction grows!

No Glocks?  Hmm...

How about a Beretta 92FS or A1?

Excellent choice, black or inox. 

Another thought is a real tack driver - CZ SP-01 Tactical - 9mm.  I have one and it is my most accurate handgun at distances I can barely see!  I also have the standard issue CZ-75BD Police version.  These are REAL guns, solid metal, unique rail system that locks up the slide so there is virtually no movement.  I think Steve still has one at Monmouth Arms.....

Just applying for the permit is such a buzz kill. I wish when I applied for these things the gustappo didn't look at me like I was a murderer. Shit I finance a majority of these peoples pensions. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! I think I'll go look at some CZ's and the compact berretas. Thanks brothers!