Just applying for the permit is such a buzz kill. I wish when I applied for these things the gustappo didn't look at me like I was a murderer. Shit I finance a majority of these peoples pensions. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! I think I'll go look at some CZ's and the compact berretas. Thanks brothers!

My town is more then supportive/helpful when we went and applied for mine about 5 months ago and again when we applied for my wife's a few weeks ago. They even changed how the application process works between those two times and explained the difference in the process without even asking.

That's not a bad idea. Doesn't beretta make a 92 FS compact in stainless?

I think they call it Inox. Monmouth Arms had one not too long ago. If they aren't too far from you give Steve a call to inquire.

The CZ Rami is suppossed to be a very good small gun. It may be a little smaller than you are looking for though. The full size 75B and SP01s are both very nice. For full size guns they are very ergonomic and fit my smaller sized hands very well. Monmouth Arms also sells those. They reduce the mag capacity to 15 rounds to make NJ legal.

Good luck!

If you are thinking of a USPSA production setup, I would opt for the CZ Accu Shadow if you are looking to drop the amount of coin on the Sig X5.  I'm not really sure of the pros or cons of the Sig X5 other than the hefty price tag of the X5.  The best way to see what to get for a division is to see what other people have on their belts.  

The CZ are really popular in production.  You don't even really need to spend the coin on an Accu Shadow.  You can easily get a Shadow and modify it slightly.  My brother had a Shadow that I dropped in some parts.  It is pretty darn close to my Accu Shadow.  The difference was that the double action trigger pull is 1/4 lbs heavier.  Better support from gunsmiths for CZ does not hurt either as CZC and CGW both make quality drop in parts to improve your CZ.

The VP9 can be used in USPSA.  I've used my PPQ for a year in production which is similar in size.  The VP9 has not been added to the production list of guns yet though.

Good info. I will look into the CZ and I'm familiar with CGW. I was going to go with an X5 as I wanted an SA gun and I love my 226. I can get into an X5 for about 1200 do it's not that far off from anything custom and I can stay in production class