NYMetsFan86

New to Trap/Skeet...Where to Buy Clays???

So i should be picking up my shotgun for trap, sporting clays, and skeet soon but I have know idea where to buy clays. I would imagine some places have better deals than others. Do you guys get the best deals online or do you by from certain stores. i shoot at CJRPC and live Near the Red Bank/Eatontown area. Closest dicks is freehold but they never have any prices listed unless its in a circular or something. Thanks!

So i should be picking up my shotgun for trap, sporting clays, and skeet soon but I have know idea where to buy clays. I would imagine some places have better deals than others. Do you guys get the best deals online or do you by from certain stores. i shoot at CJRPC and live Near the Red Bank/Eatontown area. Closest dicks is freehold but they never have any prices listed unless its in a circular or something. Thanks!

One of the few things I actually will buy at Dick's, because I want to check the boxes for broken clays, etc. When they say "treat like eggs," they mean it! :)

Roughly $8.95 per box of 90.

L&H in Wall usually has the larger quantity boxes, which I prefer.

I've also bought them at that old gun shop in Howell/Jackson...Sportsmen's shack or Cabin or something like that.  I don't even know if the gentlemen is still alive.  It's been over a year and half since I've been there.  

If I remember correctly, when I got my check out on the machines Mike said the champion clays don't work that well. Not sure if that's true, but i've always used the White Flyers and never had an issue. Cheyenne Mtn. usually has them on sale in the fall, can't remember the prices though.

If I remember correctly, when I got my check out on the machines Mike said the champion clays don't work that well. Not sure if that's true, but i've always used the White Flyers and never had an issue. Cheyenne Mtn. usually has them on sale in the fall, can't remember the prices though.

I have seen evidence of this. I use only White Flyers also. The Champions were getting jammed. broken, etc. in ofarmer's electric thrower. :(

any has worked in mine up till recently, I think mine just needs some routine  cleaning/maintenance because it gets used a lot.  Its a Champion thrower so to say you can't use Champion brand clays seems weird.

I also buy mine at dicks cause they often run sales buy 1 get 1 half off,

I usually get my at Simon Peter, they have white flyer, or Champion. Ramsay outdoor in Roxbury has Champion as well. I launched both brands out of my thrower last shootout, think we only had one break upon launch may have been one we picked up when we patrolled the range for survivors.

Since you belong to CJRPC, stop there on a Tuesday morning (members only, like you) and see Ron Grigoletto. They have a Skeet program there that he usually runs. I think twice a year the club places a large order for shells and clays, he used to be able to get them for members also. Or check his website for his phone number, Legacy Firearms.

Since you belong to CJRPC, stop there on a Tuesday morning (members only, like you) and see Ron Grigoletto. They have a Skeet program there that he usually runs. I think twice a year the club places a large order for shells and clays, he used to be able to get them for members also. Or check his website for his phone number, Legacy Firearms.

Man that is awesome and I would love to do that but I work mon-friday 9-5/6. right now sunday as well, As soon as the summer ends i wont be working sundays.Then i intend to get certified on the machines and shoot with experienced clay shooters whenever i get the chance

Man that is awesome and I would love to do that but I work mon-friday 9-5/6. right now sunday as well, As soon as the summer ends i wont be working sundays.Then i intend to get certified on the machines and shoot with experienced clay shooters whenever i get the chance

They have a Tuesday evening skeet on Tuesday also I think and Tuesday evening trap Thursday