BlueLineFish

Lone Wolf Glock Mag Ar-15

Remixer, I almost called you about this yesterday to see about doing a transfer from LW. But when I went to the LoneWolf's website they are out of stock :(

If you get these in stock, group-buy or no, I am absolutely interested. Just become a stocking dealer and I will be there with cash in hand, and probably bring a bunch of friends with cash in hand with me. Just sayin....

What bluelinefish said.

We probably have about 50 Uzi mags in the armory at work, along with four semi-auto only Uzis. We also have a few 9 mm Colt sub-guns. I think we modified some of the Uzi mags to run in the Colts. They choke as much as they function, but I think that has more to do with the ammo then the mags.

Anyway, I want a Glock mag capable AR to shoot in steel competitions. I'm already carrying the Glock mags on my belt, I might as well have a rifle that uses them too.

Plus, I don't know how much it would cost to permanently block an Uzi mag to 15 rounds, but I'm sure it's significantly more than $6.

Who uses a mag loader for Glock mags?

Another option to keep in mind is the glock lowers made formerly by DDLES, now made by QuarterCircle10 armory. QC10 bought the tooling from DDLES after they folded and have been making batches of them here and there. Several of us here have DDLES recievers and they are a work of art and function excellent. You can run them with a traditional blowback upper or a DI upper in 9 or 40. There is also a large frame glock mag version that takes the G21 mags for a 45acp carbine. They seem to be out of stock at the moment but should have some up again in the near future. You can buy these stripped like most receivers do you cna build them how you like without paying extra junky GI triggers or a pistol buffer from LoneWolf. One advantage of these other the LW is there is a last round hold open feature that works.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

What bluelinefish said.

We probably have about 50 Uzi mags in the armory at work, along with four semi-auto only Uzis. We also have a few 9 mm Colt sub-guns. I think we modified some of the Uzi mags to run in the Colts. They choke as much as they function, but I think that has more to do with the ammo then the mags.

It has zero to do with the mags, the rest is up in the air. You somehow missed the obvious, the conversion to run in ARs. Somebody on your end screwed up.

Make sure the carrier is ramped. Take the lower apart after every few shoots. The pins break where you can't see when you just look at it.

It has zero to do with the mags, the rest is up in the air. You somehow missed the obvious, the conversion to run in ARs. Somebody on your end screwed up.

Make sure the carrier is ramped. Take the lower apart after every few shoots. The pins break where you can't see when you just look at it.

No one "missed the obvious" or "screwed up".

These are factory Colt 9mm Subgun SBRs and most definitely not conversions. They were designed at the request of the USMC in the 80's and don't run well on anything but mil-spec 9mm ball - factory mag or modified Uzi mag.

In any event, no one is modifying the carrier in a duty gun just to use a mag-hack and any gun that I have to disassemble and inspect for broken parts after every few range trips can stay in the armory.

your colt 9mm at work has the happy switch? does it have the a2 style top too? the one i rented was sooooooo much fun.

That's them. Like the MP5 they are fun range toys, but there are now much better options out there for their intended purpose.

Most blowback 9mm ARs can benefit from ramped carriers to prevent wear and tear on pins and receivers. All 9mm ARs are hard on pins and they should be inspected.

I know even Colt makes mistakes, and you somehow never do, but calm down for a minute and listen rather than getting defensive. We are on the same side :)

No mag is more reliable than an UZI mag. If there is a problem, it is the mag conversion.

I am plenty calm and not getting defensive at all. :p There. That better?

I am just confused as to what you are missing here and why you are going on about what you think the problem is when we already know it's an ammo issue.

They may have ramped carriers, I honestly couldn't tell you. They are currently "Range toys". As such they are fired infrequently but still

maintained and inspected as per manufacturer's directions.

I make plenty of mistakes. On a regular basis. This isn't one of them as these guns were added to our inventory years before I was hired and they are factory, again - no conversion.

Yes, Colt makes some lemons - I am not disputing that. But I doubt all 6 guns would have these issues only when shooting flat nosed or hollow nosed rounds - but run like the proverbial sewing machine when shooting mil-spec round nose 147gr 9mm, if it was a gun issue.

Again, the Uzi mags run just as well as the factory mags. As I stated in my first post on this topic - It is an ammo issue.

:) :) :) :) :)

Ok, I tracked down the temporary QC10 website. It looks like they have Small Frame (9mm/.40S&W/.357sig) Glock AR Lowers in stock with Large Frame (.45ACP/10mm) to follow soon.

That are also announcing that they will have .40S&W barrels and bolts modified for Glock Mags in the next few weeks.

http://www.qcircle10.com

ECBB3783-621E-4EEF-8B43-6DE92113E5A0_zps

Specs:

http://www.qcircle10.com/glock-small-frame-lower.html

These Lowers are Manufactured by us at our facility in Tucson Arizona. They are CNC machined in house on our machines. We made a decision that all lower receivers will be made out of 7075 aluminum. The previous company used 6061 to cut costs and charged an extra $50.00 for 7075, something we declined to do. We have also implemented a quality control program and stand behind each and every lower we sell. Each lower comes with all proprietary parts installed.

11.5 oz

Last Round Bolt Hold Open

can be used with all Glock 9mm/.40/.357sig/.40GAP Small Frame Magazines

7075-T6 Aluminum

Mill-spec Receiver extension

Type III Hard Coat Anodizing

Billet Machined

Bullet Pictogram selector on both sides

Vltor-Matching Profile

Upper Receiver Tension Screw Slot (Screw Not Included)

Glock Feed Ramp

Self-Centering Ejector

Glock Magazine release, No magazine modifications needed

Requires a bolt cut to match Glock Magazines

Listed Price: $274.95

I am very interested in this especially if we can get a local vendor to stock them!

ETA: Photo