NJSigfan

Help - New GP100 ejector rod is sticking...

Why does it work fine ejecting the shells from rounds 1-6, 7-12, but not 13-18? A bent rod would malfunction every time.

That may be an end shake issue, cylinder / forcing cone gap, with the problem by exacerbated by the gun heating up, it's hard to say without seeing it.

But the OPs problem was a bent rod, as confirmed by ruger.

That may be an end shake issue, cylinder / forcing cone gap, with the problem by exacerbated by the gun heating up, it's hard to say without seeing it.

But the OPs problem was a bent rod, as confirmed by ruger.

That's interesting and noteworthy. Don't count anything out I guess. I had exactly the same problem with a different gun but it went away. The deviation must have been so slight it was not caught during quality testing. Maybe it required heat and gas and guts before it manifested itself, say through a material defect as a result of a temperature change. 

Do I know what I'm talking about?

That's interesting and noteworthy. Don't count anything out I guess. I had exactly the same problem with a different gun but it went away. The deviation must have been so slight it was not caught during quality testing. Maybe it required heat and gas and guts before it manifested itself, say through a material defect as a result of a temperature change. 

Do I know what I'm talking about?

This is your gun issue right? 

You have feeler gauges? measure the gap between the forcing cone and cylinder, while pushing forward on the cylinder , and report back. 

This is your gun issue right? 

You have feeler gauges? measure the gap between the forcing cone and cylinder, while pushing forward on the cylinder , and report back. 

No I don't own a feeler gauge but I was not the original poster. As I mentioned the problem with my S&W 617 in .22lr disappeared after about 900 rounds. I'm probably one of the least mechanically talented people on this forum, and definitely in the lowest 33rd percentile in terms of gun savvy. I attributed the problem with my revolver to "breaking in" and I am convinced that I was right. I never had a problem with my GP100. It does not eject shells as cleanly as I'd like but since I'm never going to carry it I can't be bothered with repairs as long as I get 3" groups at 15 yards in double action by aiming slightly low and to the right :) That's of course at the range, calm, breathing right, taking my time.