High Velocity

Cleaning supplies & spare parts storage box deas?

Lately I've been trying to come up with possible solutions for organizing my accumulation of gun cleaning supplies, spare parts, etc. but living in a small home and not having the space for a dedicated gun work area or dedicated work bench is presenting a bit of a challenge. I'm thinking some kind of modular style toolbox might work for this and was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions or Pic's of your setup.

I use Tupperware containers, Flat for bayonet storage, and smaller ones, like 6"x12", 6-7" high with lids for parts. Large ammo cans for 20MM shells and for 12 ga shells. Have about 12 of these, holds about 20,000 shells, LOL!

I have a dedicated 5 drawer tool cabinet 36" X 24" on wheels for storage of inventory, tools, etc. Items in the drawers are in smaller multiple department boxes or I reuse those lunch meat tubs people save for me.   I use a M2A1 50 cal ammo can with three tiered inserts for carrying to the range, with spare parts cleaning items, etc.

I keep 2 seperate cleaning kits 1 set up

For pistol and 1 for rifles.

Each kit fits in a 1 Gallon Ziplock bag:

Slip 2000 EWL

Slip 2000 725 cleaner

2 old t-shirts

1 old washcloth/hand towel

Boresnake

2 Brushes - 1 nylon and 1 brass

Handful of Q tips - replace as needed

Appropriate tools as needed for the platform.

My spare parts fit in a Dewalt Medium Tough Case:

http://toolsandmore.us/dewalt-dw2190-screw-driver-storage-case.aspx?gclid=CI_OrfivnsACFYMF7AodOw0AZQ

I have one for AR parts and 1 for Glock Parts. Big AR parts love in a shoebox.

I also keep small cleaning kits and spare parts in with my rifle bags. Altoids tins are great for spare parts - you can fit every internal part in a Glock except a trigger with trigger bar in one. An Oakley sunglasses case can fit all the usual AR maintenance bits as well.

If you go to Harbor Freight, they have quite literally the perfect thing(s).

There are 2 sizes, I have like 10-15 of the smaller and 10-15 of the bigger, and we use them for all sorts of things, I have all my cleaning supplies in a larger one, plus a smaller "essentials cleaning travel kit" in a smaller, medical kits both large and small , tools etc.

Plus I happen to like the black and yellow color scheme so it's cool - they're basically cheap plastic "tackle boxes" type containers.

Smaller ones are $5, bigger ones are $10 - these prices are fairly consistent because I believe we bought our first few in like '12, and got some right  before moving in April, and as I Said, I have a ton of these.  Are they cheap?  Yup, not exactly Zytel-framed M&Ps or Glock-inspired thermoplastics... but they do what they're designed to really cheap.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-inch-polypropylene-toolbox-96602.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/19-inch-toolbox-with-top-compartment-66491.html

These are what I use.