Sign in to follow this  
GlastonburyNative

Scotch Plains Residents: P2P Turnaround time?

I've put in for permits twice.  Both times the turnaround was appox. 60 days.  I think that one of my references was slow responding both times which may have contributed to the delay.

I've put in for permits twice.  Both times the turnaround was appox. 60 days.  I think that one of my references was slow responding both times which may have contributed to the delay.

I appreciate your reply.  This is my first time apply since my initial FID and p2p so I wanted to see if the process was any quicker than the ~70 days I waited last time.  It's becoming apparent it is not quicker and aligns with what other people experience.  I guess I will not be so anxious :icon_lol:

I appreciate your reply.  This is my first time apply since my initial FID and p2p so I wanted to see if the process was any quicker than the ~70 days I waited last time.  It's becoming apparent it is not quicker and aligns with what other people experience.  I guess I will not be so anxious :icon_lol:

The only difference in the process between the two would seem to be the overhead in having "Mopho-trak" process the finger prints and getting them sent to wherever they need to go. Maybe also a little "bureaucracy time" for the NJSP firearms unit to issue an SBI number.  The references, would take the same time (if sent out again). The county adjustor's office would take the same relative time (perhaps more or less given the present load), and the internal dept. delays would probably also be relatively the same.  Maybe a slight improvement if they use the SB212A electronic form (as long as the local dept. is versed in using/receiving the results).

Put it this way. My department took 23 calendar days for my initial FID and 2 P2Ps. 3-4 months later, I applied for two more P2Ps. This time I used the electronic SB212A. it took only 16 calendar days. :) Not saying that was all SB212a, but....