Mr.Stu

IDPA introduction session

Back at the beginning of June I ran an introduction to IDPA at EFGA. A few guys from NJGF attended and we had a good time.

It just so happens that I am running another one on August 30th and some places have come free. It will run from 1pm to approx 5pm.

We will cover drawing and holstering, use of cover, shooting on the move, target transitions, emergency vs tactical reloading, etc. as well as the rules of IDPA.

If you would like to join us you will need:

Pistol or revolver (9mm luger/.38 spc or larger)
100-200 rounds of ammo
Strong side hip holster (no appendix, small of back, crossdraw or shoulder holsters)
3 magazines/4 speedloaders
Mag/loader pouches
Eye and ear protection

We will provide:
Instruction
Targets & pasters
Stands, walls, etc.
Drinking water

The cost is $20 per shooter.

It will be run by IrishPete'sBoss and me. Qualifications:
We are both NRA certified instructors, IDPA certified safety officers and we are fully covered by liability insurance.

Committed attedees:
1. MartyZ

2. MartyZ +1

3. NYMetsFan86
4. NYMetsFan86 +1
5. David
6. Lalo
7. Wrightlife

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Stu, so why don't you tell us a little about yourself and what qualifications you have to hold this kind of class. Apart from being a member, and participating in IDPA classes at EFGA, any other affiliations with EFGA? Is this happening in the general training pit or one of the other pits where the IDPA matches take place?

I'm looking forward to this, I haven't shot an IDPA match in a while and a refresher would be great. Not to mention getting to meet some other forum members. Il probably stick around afterwards and hit the rifle and rimfire ranges.

ETA, Disregard, for some reason I didn't catch the info you left in the first post.

I have been trying to get into IDPA for a long time but didn't to go into without some sort of training.

Just come to EFGA and watch one of the matches. Everyone is always willing to help.

Hey Stu, so why don't you tell us a little about yourself and what qualifications you have to hold this kind of class. Apart from being a member, and participating in IDPA classes at EFGA, any other affiliations with EFGA? Is this happening in the general training pit or one of the other pits where the IDPA matches take place?

I'm looking forward to this, I haven't shot an IDPA match in a while and a refresher would be great. Not to mention getting to meet some other forum members. Il probably stick around afterwards and hit the rifle and rimfire ranges.

ETA, Disregard, for some reason I didn't catch the info you left in the first post.

A few other bits about me that I didn't post above.

I've been shooting for over 30 years, handguns for over 20. I had to take a long break because the politicians in England decided that they had to "do something" after a school shooting in Dunblane, Scotland.

I came to the US in 2007, got my green card in 2012 and within a month had my FPID and pistol permits in hand (props to Mountainside PD).

I got into IDPA starting June, 2012 at Somerset IDPA (hosted at SCFGPA) and really liked it. As I knew how to shoot pretty well already I first classified as SSP Sharpshooter in November 2012. I am now classified Expert in SSP, ESP and CDP and have been certified as a Safety Officer. I have become more and more active in helping run Somerset IDPA and have been acting Match Director twice.

I hope that was the kind of thing you were looking for.