bhunted

I'm ecstatic! Got a surprise!

the pawn shops down there mostly sell guns too so they're prob legit FFLs also, not 100% on that tho...bunch of them outside the gate in Jacksonville. Spent lots of time roaming thru them when my son was at CL. Congrats.

Yeah, say here's your new rifle and hand it to him. Then you both jump in a car and drive to a nearby ffl. Bring two COEs. Bring his NC ID or his military ID and his orders. Call the gun shop before the trip and tell them he is mil and might be using his orders as ID of residency since he just moved there and it's going to be a surprise. If they are stupid move on to the next FFL in the area.

I'm not going to suggest anything illegal, but you could have given it to him back when he lived in Jersey. Who the F would know?

If you're transferring the rifle through a FFL in NC there is no need for NJ COEs.

Thanks for the wishes and advice guys. Just figured I'd post the puppy getting a new home come October hopefully.

Remington 700 .308 Police Package...

Going to miss her!

Posted Image

Congrats John! I believe we have a few members here that recently moved to NC. Don't know if any are close to Camp Lejeune, but you can see if any are familiar with local FFLs.

Thanks! For sure.... I'm sure we'll find someone... :)

Ok gang, I took everyone's advice as well as my ideas. For those that say personalize away and those that say leave untouched. I personalized with options to remove. If he so chooses, everything comes off with minimum or no changes to stock. I had to drill one fine hole to insert back pin from EGA because back was hollow, then glued. Hole is barely noticeable and can be filled with some black filler. Everything was attached securely with 3M rubber double sided auto tape. Strong, clean, yet removable. Some with hi-temp silicon , etc... What I ended up with was black subdued rank chevrons, subdued EGA and 2 personalized, (engraved), challenge coins. I really like how the subdued stuff looks. Looks much better in person.

There are 5 bullets in the cuff and one snap cap in chamber. 4 are .308 bottle openers. Other is a solid copper bullion .308 from the NW Mint engraved with the word "Infidel" and his name. Had to remove leather sling to work on and get in case, but is packed. Along with a Rem 700 diagram armorers mat, paperwork and 2 padlocks, we are ready to rock. I think... Had a lapel pin so attached that to case.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image