Shoot!

Shotgun Shootout! Sept 6th at Clinton WMA

With 4 or 5 throwers already, I'll probably leave mine at home this time.

I will probably be bringing a few C&R guns that will be for sale. A rare Mosin 28/30, an M38 Mosin (carbine very similar to an M44 but does not have a bayonet), and a Spanish FR-8 (a nice little bolt-action carbine that shoots .308, measures 38'' long, and has a flashider..this thing is cool!). I have COE's, just bring cash and your FID.

Nice. My morning just cleared up, so I should be there with some clays, 20 & 12 gauge shells, Maverick bantam youth 20ga and ATI pump 12ga.

Sota: I'm bringing my Marlin 60 and Ruger Blackhawk air rifle as well.

If you're son comes, we can head over to the rifle/rimfire range and let him do some plinking, if you want.

Yeah turnout was huge today even with the hot humid weather, I think there was 35 forums members at peak and 3 Auto throwers and 1 manual thrower. It was a safe and fun day. It was also great to see some new people come out. See you guys either later this month or October.

Heres a few pics I took later in the morning after some left.

Had a great time today. Thank you everyone who brought throwers. As always, it was great to see the regulars as well as new faces. Despite the heat and humidity, this was the biggest group I have seen at one of these events. I am glad the rain and storms held off, weather map looks like some nasty little storms went by in the last hour.

Hope to see you all again next time.

Great shootout! It was great seeing everyone since I haven't shot for the past two months. Nice meeting the new guys and putting faces to NJGF usernames. I will be making another shootout for end of September but I won't be able to attend, I will be in Puerto Rico on vacation for 2 weeks. White sand beaches, visiting relatives, swimming under waterfalls in the only rainforest in the United States…ahhh yes. So have fun in Jersey everyone

Also, there is talk for a LVSC meet-up that will most likely be in mid October so be on the lookout for it.

Man it was a scorcher today!  Thanks for those who brought throwers and clays.  Unfortunately I was working late last night and wasn't able to hit up Dick's for clays.  Next time.

My dad had fun.  His first shot was a hit... I think we can partially thank my 930 JM :)

But now - what you've been waiting for... the pics!

Album Link:

http://imgur.com/a/28Mvc

A select few shots:

opyljwB.jpg

p53dMmp.jpg

eLDo6fg.jpg

2IoVgYA.jpg

nMEFWBv.jpg

VDkS4zm.jpg

Had an absolutely great time there, and it was fantastic to see such a great turnout! I look forward to the next one, either later this month, or in November when I return from my semi-annual Florida trip.

However, One caution to all.  

Please be sure to  bring food, water, whatever with you, especially on a hot, muggy day like this was. I hereby confess to all that you came very close to calling EMS for me. :shok: I made the mistake of not eating  breakfast or drinking anything this morning, before I left for the range (so I wouldn't have to Pee), and I forgot to pack some water and/or snacks. It isn't usually  a problem for me, but combined with the heat/humidity, and the perspiration, and having to "stand up" a lot, plus the Blood pressure medication I'm on, things got ugly fast. I felt myself starting to go down.  Thankfully, I was not shooting at the time. I almost dropped right there on the range (i.e. fainted). Had "Ed" (I believe :D) not been there to let me sit on the tailgate of his car, I would have. Thank You very much. :)  I know when my BP gets artificially low like that I have to sit or lie down for a bit. You may have noticed I "disappeared" for a few minutes. I went back to my car and laid down on the middle bench for 5 min, and all was well again. I took it easy after that, and drank some of Igor's water (Thank you also... :)).   After I left, I went to the Bagelsmiith Deil and had a full lunch, and some Gatorade, and all was right. No further issues... Just a little tired. Will get a good night sleep tonight.

Lesson well learned. I will bring water and snacks a plenty next time. And I'll bring some drinks for everyone.  

Look forward to the next shootout. :)

Regards,
HB

I brought a cooler of cold water for everyone to drink. Next time I will take it out of my truck with a sign on it that says " im cold drink me!" :)

I don't believe this was a "temperature" (of the drinks) issue, but more a "volume" issue (i.e. low BP = less blood volume to the brain). Drinking some water brought the volume back up again). Also sitting/lying down re-distributes blood volume to the brain a bit.  It's happened to me before if, for example, I rise from bed too quickly after a night's sleep. So when I wake up I'll just sit on the bed for a few moments and let my body "equalize" before standing up. :D

I don't believe this was a "temperature" (of the drinks) issue, but more a "volume" issue (i.e. low BP = less blood volume to the brain). Drinking some water brought the volume back up again). Also sitting/lying down re-distributes blood volume to the brain a bit. It's happened to me before if, for example, I rise from bed too quickly after a night's sleep. So when I wake up I'll just sit on the bed for a few moments and let my body "equalize" before standing up. :D

Mrs. DeerSlayer has issues with getting light headed if she stands up too fast as well . Something to do with blood pressure for her, according to the doctors she works with. Hypo-static-ortho-tension is the clinical term I believe.

No doubt if your really thirsty on a day like today even a bottle of piss warm water tastes like a $6 bottle of Voss :lol:

Mrs. DeerSlayer has issues with getting light headed if she stands up too fast as well . Something to do with blood pressure for her, according to the doctors she works with. No doubt if your really thirsty on a day like today even a bottle of piss warm water tastes like a $6 bottle of Voss :lol:

Voss, indeed!   With Bubbles!!!  :D :D :D