Lecky

Permits applied for

Hi all, I could please use some advice. I applied for 3 permits, one I'm using on a transfer for a s&w 38 revolver my dad is giving me. That leaves me with 2 more, I have a kimber 45, glock 19, walther m2 9mm, and ruger 22/45, what do you guys think I should get with the remaining 2 permits? Thank you very much for the help.

I don't have a specific recommendation. But I usually think in terms of expanding the variations of my 'collection', modest as it is.

Caliber, size, purpose, semi vs. revolver, striker vs. hammer, SA, SA/DA, and of course manufacturer.

Let your imagination explore those lines, check your budget, and see what you come up with.

Once my basics are covered, I think variety is the spice of life. Like women?

(No honey, it wasn't me that wrote that. My account must have been hacked.)

When I seriously don't know what to buy next (in terms of guns), I open slickguns.com and look for deals. I'd say 98% of stuff there can be hardly considered "deals" (price difference from normal price may be $10-20-30 or so), but from time to time you can run into real things (e.g. Remington 1911R1 for ~$420 + transfer with a normal price of $550+).

Good deals normally don't last long, so might make sense to check slickguns quite often if you in a market for a new gun...

Everyone should have a CZ. Look at their product line, do some reading and rent or meet someone at range who will let you try theirs. I highly recommend the standard CZ 75B or the CZ 75 SP01 (updated 75B with an accessory rail). You won't regret getting one.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you end up purchasing.

Get a HK in that collection

Now that's a suggestion I couldn't argue with.

I am also curious about the CZs. I handled one at the range and it felt rather good in my hand. Nice trigger too. (I forget which exact model; I'm not that familiar with the line.) 

Unfortunately my 2014 budget is gone. Maybe next year.

My suggestion: a Ruger SP-101

SP5a_zpsbf3489c1.jpg

That's what I'm looking to get.

Just gonna buy it and have it sent to Gemini customs... Mmmmmm...  kinda like this one: http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/DSC_0316.jpg

+1 on the CZ also. You do not need to go crazy with it. My brother's CZ 75 Shadow is almost as good as my accu shadow which cost way more.

You just need to purchase some parts from CGW and be willing to tinker.

I definitely have on my wish list a beretta 92, cz75, baby eagle. But now I'm looking at the ruger revolver that worn holster posted, damn it's nice. What about a 357? I think these 3 permits are going to be my last so I want to make it count.

The SP-101 comes in 357. It's big brother, the Ruger GP100, is a very good gun and also comes in 357. The GP100 is a heavy, solid and dependable work horse. I can't say enough good things about the GP-100.

Glock 20 G4 10mm

Good call. 15 rounds of 10mm is fearsome and maxed out for NJ. And a $100 Lone Wolf conversion barrel lets you shoot 357Sig or 40s&w. No ejector or extractor swap needed (all use a 40 cal shell rim) and 10mm mags hold those other caliber bullets fine.

I went with Gen 3 since I had read reports that Gen 4 10mm guns were still getting bugs ironed out.

Would you say that the hk vp9 and walther ppq m2 are very similar? I wouldn't want to get the hk if it was comparable to the m2.

Reviews are showing between the two, they are sliding toward the VP9....