Lecky

Permits applied for

Good call. 15 rounds of 10mm is fearsome and maxed out for NJ. And a $100 Lone Wolf conversion barrel lets you shoot 357Sig or 40s&w. No ejector or extractor swap needed (all use a 40 cal shell rim) and 10mm mags hold those other caliber bullets fine.

I went with Gen 3 since I had read reports that Gen 4 10mm guns were still getting bugs ironed out.

I have the Glock 20 G4 and it shoots great. The recoil is very minimal.

See if a range that rents guns has both available to rent. Rent them both and see which you prefer. Or see if you can get some forum members to meet you and let you try their's.

I can only tell you about the CZ. I purchased a used on (manufactured in 1996) last year. Mine was already broken in. One of my friends thinks it may have had a trigger job done on it. I only say this b/c some people say the triggers on CZs aren't that great out of the box. They evidently smoothe out as you use them.

I like the weight of the all steel CZ. 9MM is't a high recoiling caliber but the weght of the CZ helps to mitigate some of the recoil. The ergonomics are very good for my smaller sized hands.

I've found my CZ to be extemely reliable. I haven't had a single failure of any kind (failure to feed or eject, stovepipe, etc). I've easily shot over a thousand rounds in the year of so I've had it.

For some online reviews check out Sootch00 or Hickcock45 on Youtube. Once you get on their "channel" use the search feature to find the CZ 75 (or just about any gun your interested in) review. Hickock45 has done several "X" versus "Y" reviews. Not sure if he has a direct CZ 75 versus M&P Core review though.

I would imagine the 2 major differences between the M&P Core and the CZ would be:

Weight- the M&P is a poly gun while the CZ is all steel. You may notice a little more recoil and muzzle flip with the M&P but nothing that isn't manageable.

Striker vs Hammer Fired - same trigger pull with the M&P. With the CZ you'll have an initial longer and heavier trigger pull on your first shot and then much lighter trigger pull after your initial shot.

I've rented a standard M&P a few times. I remember it being comfortable in my hand and that I shot it well. Some day I'll probably add one to my collection.

Good luck!

Congrats. It's a fine looking gun. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

Once you are comfortable with your gun and 38 versus 357 ammo try this popular training drill.

Leave one or several of the chambers empty, spin the cylinder closing it after it stops spinning and begin shooting. This will help you notice your flinch reflex. When the hammer drops on the empty chamber you"ll see how much your are flinching. Helps to reduce your flinch refex which will help you stay more on target for follow up shots.

Be safe & enjoy!

Looks like a coincidence, but today I tried my new Bersa Thunder in 380 for the first time.

Hell it hurts!

I like the gun itself, it's really inexpensive (I got it for ~$260 + transfer fees), nice looking, but it kicks quite... unusual compared to all other guns I shot before, despite being in smaller cal.

I need to try it once again to either confirm my worst expectations or to realize that it was not that bad at all...

Bottom line - try before you buy :)

Hi all, now I am thinking about something in a sub compact.If New Jersey ever allows us to carry possibly a handgun I can put in my front pocket. any suggestions? maybe in a 380. Thanks all

How about considering a single stack 9mm instead of a .380?