voyager9

Inforce WML Bat Drain

When I completed my AR build back in December I added an Inforce WML. Since then it has gone through two CR123 (or whatever) batteries. The light is hardly used, other than a function check every month or so. Has anyone else seen this light drain the battery even when off (via the clicky)?

When it happened the first time I thought maybe I left it on accidentally, but it's happened twice now. I last checked the light two weeks ago after a trip to the range.

I put a new battery in tonight. This time I rotated the cap slightly to break the connection. Maybe that's a better way to store it.

I know EOTechs do that for sure.

I have one of the WMLs on a shotgun (IR/WL version). I haven't seen any issues like you describe. I would contact Inforce.

Thread drift: Have you heard of the xps/exps draining? I haven't seen it or seen reports of it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That wouldn't be the way I wanted to store it if you had any intention of using it for defensive purposes. What is the stated battery life?

The stated battery life only covers when the light is in use (1.5 hrs high power, 10 hrs low). There's nothing for when the light is off.

I agree storing it with the cap partially off isn't ideal, but it's better than finding it dead when I need it. This way it's only a quarter-turn to get it functioning.

I'll contact Inforce. Thanks.

The stated battery life only covers when the light is in use (1.5 hrs high power, 10 hrs low). There's nothing for when the light is off.

I agree storing it with the cap partially off isn't ideal, but it's better than finding it dead when I need it. This way it's only a quarter-turn to get it functioning.

I'll contact Inforce. Thanks.

Kinda my point. It doesn't seem like you're getting the stated usage out of it before the battery goes dead so I'd ship it back asap

Kinda my point. It doesn't seem like you're getting the stated usage out of it before the battery goes dead so I'd ship it back asap

Apparently it is a common problem with the WML. The guy at IWC pointed me to http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_20/642966_Inforce_WML_batteries.html

Going to reach out to Inforce and see if I have better luck than the folks in the thread.