Sign in to follow this  
denisl

M&P 15-22

It's a great price, so depending on if you know a gun shop w/ a gunsmith or a FFL who can do some work, the pinning of the stock and permanently attaching the compensator are not exactly advanced gunsmithing-level jobs, so it's possible.

As mentioned, S&W does make specific NJ (and MA? is it?) Compliant models which have a fully-extended, pinned stock w/ a target crown-style, non-threaded barrel.  I bought myself on on 4-1-'10, on a whim because of a different gun forums highly highly sought-after postings and glowing recommendations... and it has been awesome ever since.  I have about an extra $1000-$1100 into it w/ a complete Magpul accessorizing and an Aimpoint Micro w/ Daniel Defense mount, it's like the absolute best little property patrolling rifle, critter killer, and tactical trainer you could ask for.  I had to STOP taking it to the ghetto little range I used to go to across the river in PA because it drew people begging to get a look and try EVERY TIME.  These rifles are just the bomb, really great firearms and really great fun, with plenty of training and ammo savings thrown in if you shoot 5.56 ARs.

It's funny I was just thinking about taking it out today to my land to bust a few caps and have a little fun, and I saw this thread right after - highly recommended rifle.