Kaiser7

What do I need for reloading shot-shells

I have a Lee Turret press currently, and use it for loading .223. I'm curious what I need to reload shot-shells though. Is it a completely different type of press, and are there any other accoutrements that are required?

I like reloading, and want to start loading for everything I own, and I figured reloading hulls would be a fairly fun endeavor.

Also, I imagine it's drastically different than loading rifle cartridges, so I'm wondering if anyone has any pointers.

Different press completely.  Look at a low end MEC press if your interested.  While similar in nature, a different beast.  If you can reload metallic cartridges you can with a little research and hands on master shotshell reloading.  Time to hit the books again to master this phase.

I do both 12 and 20 -- 2 separate presses -- You don't "work up" a load -- you also don't clean your hulls

I learned from reading on these 2 websites mostly --  Shotgunworld.com and trapshooters.com

I have 10000 "extra" primers if anyone is in need 

A MEC Sizemaster is a good unit to start with. It's not a progressive, but it's a simple unit that has a strong resizer for brass or steel-based hulls. With mild dexterity you can reload a box of shells every fifteen minutes. Good hulls, primers, powder, wads, shot and a good reloading manual are all you need for shotshells.

You CAN "work up" loads with shotshell reloading. A good example could be when you are building your own buckshot or turkey loads. You may tinker with pellet count, buffering, Mylar inside of shotcups, cut shotcups, etc. to achieve the desired results like tight patterns coupled with the necessary velocity. (Pattern density usually tails off as velocity increases. A lot depends on shot hardness as well.) If you're shooting a gas-auto or short/long recoil-operated shotgun you can tailor your loads to ensure they always cycle the action as designed. And while they may take some time, I even concoct duplex loads for game, even in a 20 ga. shell.