Jag07

Replacing the screws, bolts, whatever

I recently purchased a cheap mtech knife from an army navy store because I was feeling guilty for frequenting and not buying anything. Got it because of the wood handle.

Problem, aside from being more dull than a butter knife or brick, is that the screws keeping the belt clip attached, well, don't really stay in. So, know a place I can get screws around the 2mm diameter variety. I feel maybe model car screws?

Strange request I know.

And to track on another q. What do you use to sharpen?

Thanks for any help.

KCCO

For screws try your local Ace Hardware. I don't know if Home Despot has them that small but Ace usually does, at least the ones around here.

For sharpeners, I've tried many, both electric and manual.  The two best IMO are the Razor Sharp System  and the  EdgePro. For my knives that I want to keep as perfect a bevel on as possible sharpening at home I use the EdgePro. I have the Apex version for roughly 4 years and it puts absolutely beautiful shaving-sharp edges on my knives if I want to go that far. If you want fast results obtaining a very sharp edge but whose bevel heights might not be perfectly aligned then the Razor Sharp System is great. For all of my EDC or beater knives I use it. I can get sharp edges in 1-2 minutes. These two systems are the best I've found and highly, highly recommend either one. (As always, I'm not affiliated with either)

Why do you want to re thread it? Is it stripped completely or just the wrong sizs

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

It was a cheap knife so I am guessing they sized the whole wrong. So, I'll need to go up in width I suppose. 

For screws try your local Ace Hardware. I don't know if Home Despot has them that small but Ace usually does, at least the ones around here.

For sharpeners, I've tried many, both electric and manual.  The two best IMO are the Razor Sharp System  and the  EdgePro. For my knives that I want to keep as perfect a bevel on as possible sharpening at home I use the EdgePro. I have the Apex version for roughly 4 years and it puts absolutely beautiful shaving-sharp edges on my knives if I want to go that far. If you want fast results obtaining a very sharp edge but whose bevel heights might not be perfectly aligned then the Razor Sharp System is great. For all of my EDC or beater knives I use it. I can get sharp edges in 1-2 minutes. These two systems are the best I've found and highly, highly recommend either one. (As always, I'm not affiliated with either)

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look at ACE but first I'll have to find one near me. 

Right now I'm using the Lansky system which gives, IMO, a pretty sharp edge, but it not really ideal for my kitchen knives.