Sign in to follow this  
magnawing

Any experience with "Quality Made Cartridges"?

I found this ammo seller through Ammoseek.  They have .45 acp  200 gr. Lead SWC for $14.98/50.  They're in Ohioville, PA.  Has anyone had any experience with their ammo...good or bad?

Was considering ordering 200 rounds for some plinking with the wife & kids but don't want to waste $77 (with shipping) if it's crappy ammo that will be half FTF/FTE.

And to answer "Why 200 grain instead of 230?"  My wife and daughter are both small.  My wife has fired 5-6 rounds from a 9mm and ~1500 .22lr and my 19 year old daughter has only fired 22lr.  My 15 year old son has no problem with 230 gr but I want to make the trip enjoyable for the girls too.

I get what you're saying Vlad.  I was hoping someone here may have some experience with them.   I've looked at 185 & 200 grain factory ammo and, for some reason, less lead costs more money?!?!?!?!

Once I get everything I need to reload, I'll be doing my own with either 185 gr or I may even try some 155 (from King's).  Until then, I have to buy ready made ammo from somewhere and keep saving up the brass.

If you want a softer shooting round, 230 will FEEL softer. Depending on your gun barrel, lead heads may not be a good choice.

The reason lighter lead rounds cost more in .45 is that 90% of all factory rounds are 230gr in this caliber. Heavier bullet is also less powder for same power factor.

A .45 is a bit intimidating to new shooters, especially women. The larger cartridge and the big hole in the barrel...... 

If you have a 9mm available, find a couple of boxes of 147gr ammo and start there. Much softer than 115gr and 124gr.

My daughter shoots larger calibers without a problem now but was scared off for a few months when she first started. I made the mistake of giving her too large a gun before she was mentally prepared for it.

Have fun.

Has anyone had any experience with their ammo...good or bad?

This is remanufactured 45ACP ammunition loaded with a cast lead semi wad cutter nose projectile from a premier cast bullet manufacturer. The lead semi wadcutter bullet is the go to choice for competitive shooting. The unique shape of the bullet cuts a perfect circle out of the target making for easy scoring, hence the name "wad-cutter". This is an excellent low recoil, easy to shoot target round for the 45acp.

This bullet is made from a hard lead alloy consisting of 2% tin, 6% antimony and 92% lead making for a clean shooting round in comparison to similar cast bullets.This load chronographs at approximatley 800fps out of a Colt Gold Cup 1911 with 5" barrel.

45 ACP SWC good product, good price

05/19/2014
Quality Made was mentioned on a gun site I frequent. I placed my first order for 250 rounds that arrived in less than a week. I've fired them in a revolver with moon clips and in 4 different 1911 pistols without a single failure. Consistent load and accuracy.

What's your concern?  At their price, I'd buy a 1000 rnds if I didn't reload!

My cost to reload ...

Cost / 50 = $8.16

I decided to take a chance and ordered 200 rounds. I figure another potential ammo source is worth a shot. I'll post up a report when I get them. First thing I'll do when they come in is check the weight on about 15-20 rounds from each pack of 50 to make sure there isn't a huge variance.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

My ammo came in earlier this week...while I was in TX...got home and checked the weight on 50 rounds. They're .45 ACP, mixed headstamp, 200 grain semi wadcutters and the weights range from 294-303. I assume that's due to different case manufacturers and variance in bullet weight. 9 grains difference shouldn't be a problem...I'll report back after EFGA tomorrow.

Just got back from EFGA....I'll give QMC a big thumbs up. No FTF/FTE, good grouping, relatively clean (no dirtier than any factory ammo I've shot), no squibs. I also found a sheet in the shipping box with the ammo that describes their brass exchange. If I read it right, for every 50 casings you send him, he knocks about 50% off of your next 50 rounds.

The reason for 200 LSWC is for bullseye shooting. Round is usually loaded light, just enough to get accurately to the target. The bullet will "cut" a perfectly round hold in the paper target. Important for scoring, because all you have to do is nick the circle outline to get credit for that ring's point value. The 200 grain weight is the sweet spot between speed and accuracy