Dan_G

E-mail from Cory Booker

I just received this email from Cory Booker. I assume its from when I emailed the governor about the mag capacity bill.

"September 3, 2014

Dear Daniel:

Thank you for taking the time to write to me about keeping our communities safe from gun violence. I rely on the input of engaged New Jerseyans like you when making decisions, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Illegally possessed guns are a grave threat to our nation - to our brave women and men of law enforcement, to our communities, and to our children. I joined with others to confront this threat every day as the Mayor of Newark, and now as a United States Senator, I'm fighting for common sense laws designed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. 

The most recent available federal data from the FBI shows that in 2012, 8,855 of the 12,765 homicides committed in the United States involved the use of a firearm. That same year in New Jersey, 70 percent of our state's homicides involved a firearm. This is unacceptable, and these numbers can be greatly reduced without restricting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners. We can find common ground. We must work together.

Nowhere is that need more urgent, or the potential for meaningful cooperation greater, than in passing a federal universal background checks law. The Senate failed to pass background check legislation last year after the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy, but I remain optimistic that my colleagues will hear the forceful call of the vast majority of Americans, and the vast majority of gun owners, who support this reform. There are other reforms that we can all agree upon, too.  For example, we must do more to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill and adequately equip the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives to perform its crucial work of combatting illegal gun trafficking.

Again, thank you for writing to me. I am honored to represent you in the United States Senate, and I value what I hear from New Jerseyans about the issues our state and nation face.  Please continue to keep in touch with your thoughts and concerns. For more information on my work in New Jersey and Washington, please visit my website at booker.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Cory A. Booker

United States Senator "

So he touts how he "fought" illegal guns in Newark, a state with the strictest gun laws....And yet in the next sentence mentions how 70% of homicides involved a firearm.  I can't help but laugh knowing this jack ass will STILL be senator next November.

So obviously emailing the governor is effective...it gets you on Booker's friends list.

I wonder what other spam is coming.

Next person who emails the gov should make a brand new distinct gmail address. Then you know any email that comes to that address you know who sold it.

he says 70% of the states homicides are caused by guns. You need to write back and ask how many of the 70% purchased the guns legally and how many had background checks?

he says 70% of the states homicides are caused by guns. You need to write back and ask how many of the 70% purchased the guns legally and how many had background checks?

How many were purchased legally under this state's current system and were used within the extremely limited parameters of firearm ownership for legal (self-defense, etc. ) purposes...

Print out his email, light it on fire and say his name three times. He'll kick in your door in person and save you. Well, chances are probably better if you notify the press and his office 8 hours in advance.

HAHA, if he kicks in my door, boy will he be in for a rude awakening...

He regrets that 70% of NJ murders involve firearms. I guess he'd prefer getting knifed or cudgeled to death. 

It gets tiring, so tiring, to repeat 1000 times that criminals don't give a crap about gun laws. But they keep behaving and passing laws as if they do.

90% of the murders that will occur in NJ from now until the sun turns to a cold, hard cinder will be committed by individuals convicted of violent crimes who'd been paroled in the previous five years. In other words, savages who have served notice on society that they are not fit to live among the human race.

That's not an official stat, it's my opinion.

Does anyone know how/where to obtain this information?

He regrets that 70% of NJ murders involve firearms. I guess he'd prefer getting knifed or cudgeled to death. 

It gets tiring, so tiring, to repeat 1000 times that criminals don't give a crap about gun laws. But they keep behaving and passing laws as if they do.

No they don't. The laws are not intended for criminals. They are intended for their neighbors, who scare the shit out of them because they have guns. The laws are intended for the law abiding, not the criminals. It's very important to understand this.

They also figure that if you have less guns maybe criminals will end up with less guns eventually. But that is not the goal. Just a possible secondary benefit.

No they don't. The laws are not intended for criminals. They are intended for their neighbors, who scare the shit out of them because they have guns. The laws are intended for the law abiding, not the criminals. It's very important to understand this.

They also figure that if you have less guns maybe criminals will end up with less guns eventually. But that is not the goal. Just a possible secondary benefit.

Gotta agree on these points

That's what I meant, sortof, but good to emphasize this point. Gun laws are for the law-abiding, to punish them spitefully for being so bold as to exercise their rights while enjoying a great hobby. Those who ignore the law ignore the law.

Real criminals are the lifeblood of both the criminal justice system and politicians. The more criminals, the more numerous the dependent class, the larger government becomes. We see this in Newton, in the heart of what remains of conservative northern NJ. Criminals are brought up here for trial and/or incarceration. When their time is up they and their dysfunctional relatives stay. Ask a local politician why Spring St. is deserted after 5pm and you get blank stares. The more "services" these vermin "require" the more jobs ministering to them.

They are partly right on your second point. No, I don't mean stolen guns or someone buying a gun for his uncle, but straw sales on behalf of criminals who are ineligible to own, much less purchase, a gun. Dealers from Massachusetts drive up Rte. 95 to Vermont and exchange pills for pistols. It's partly to blame for some of the ghost towns in northern Vt., where an alarming number of residents are addicts. If anything cracks Vermont's constitutional carry it will be a desire to curtail that.