drewp

Permit to carry from other states into NJ

Here's something I read today pertaining to the woman from PA....a mother of 2 or 3 children who had a legal permit to carry in PA and was stopped and arrested in Jersey and is facing jail time.  FYI.  I hope you can open it.

Senators to Propose Looser Guidelines for Judges After Philadelphia Woman Faces Jail Time for Bringi.html

Here's something I read today pertaining to the woman from PA....a mother of 2 or 3 children who had a legal permit to carry in PA and was stopped and arrested in Jersey and is facing jail time.  FYI.  I hope you can open it.

attachicon.gifSenators to Propose Looser Guidelines for Judges After Philadelphia Woman Faces Jail Time for Bringi.html

Read it OK. Unfortunately, it may be too late for Ms. Allen. I hope CC comes through and pardons her, assuming it gets to a conviction and sentencing.

I like this passage:

"The legislation, which the Senators plan to introduce on Sept. 15, would allow judges to use discretion when sentencing individuals who are charged with unlawful possession of a firearm while in New Jersey, in cases where the individual is an out-of-state resident who legally possesses a firearm in their own state."

If they start allowing people from other states to carry in NJ, this might open the door for us.

I feel badly for the woman because our state's laws are Draconian but If they are going to propose legislation for an out of stater than they will have more rights than us.

Which is why this legislation won't go anywhere worded that way.

This is not recognizing out of state permits.

I feel badly for the woman because our state's laws are Draconian but If they are going to propose legislation for an out of stater than they will have more rights than us.

That's because they want to prevent a continuous parade of national outrages and scandals. They want to deny your rights in peace and quiet. They see the nation isn't much like what it once was and they want to avoid attention and light of day.

Which is why this legislation won't go anywhere worded that way.

This is not recognizing out of state permits.

Note there is only discretion in sentencing!  They would still be convicted felons for life and may never again legally own a gun as well as the many other problems that title brings.

As far as Ms Allen goes, Christy has as much as said he will intervene if need be but is waiting to see what the courts do first.

Note there is only discretion in sentencing! They would still be convicted felons for life and may never again legally own a gun as well as the many other problems that title brings.

As far as Ms Allen goes, Christy has as much as said he will intervene if need be but is waiting to see what the courts do first.

The courts have already determined what they are going to do. They refused her admission into the diversionary program and will make an example of her. It's unfortunate and a complete waste of resources that she has to wait to be convicted to (hopefully) be pardoned by the governor.

Her only other hope is a jury throws it out before her trail begins.

If she is convicted and then pardoned is she still a felon or does the pardon expunge the conviction? If pardoned will she ever be able to legally purchase a firearm?

If she is convicted and then pardoned is she still a felon or does the pardon expunge the conviction? If pardoned will she ever be able to legally purchase a firearm?

I'd think it depends on NJ law as to whether or not a NJ Pardon also includes expungment.  In some states, the two are not the same.

The last I read about this, pre-trial intervention was recommended but the Atlantic County prosecutor, one James F. McClain, overrode that and insisted on a full on prosecution. Does anyone know where this turkey lives? Just the town will do. I can get the rest on my own. I would personally like to post his home address in every pro freedom website I can find.

The last I read about this, pre-trial intervention was recommended but the Atlantic County prosecutor, one James F. McClain, overrode that and insisted on a full on prosecution. Does anyone know where this turkey lives? Just the town will do. I can get the rest on my own. I would personally like to post his home address in every pro freedom website I can find.

Who recommended pre-trial?

And is Atlantic County Prosecutor  James F. McClain  up for re-election this year?

If she is pardoned, the conviction is set aside and she is completely free of the charge.  Christie commuted Brian Aitken's sentence.  That means he is still a felon but didn't have to serve the time in prison.

This proposal is eyewash as it Is written. Having different sentencing guidelines for out of state residents does not pass the Constitutionality test. If they pass any reform it has to apply to all.

This bill won't pass. They like the Graves' Act. I'm sure Christie does too. If not, why did he sign an enhancement to it last year?