Sign in to follow this  
gleninjersey

BLOOMBERG AT IT AGAIN-TRYING TO CONTROL WHO YOU ALLOW TO USE/TOUCH YOUR GUNS

This is under a diff topic under the "Current Gun Law Discussion" thread. I don't think it is getting the attention it deserves. Bloomberg and the multi-billionaire anti-gun club are at it again in Washington state!

First Bloomberg and his croonies wanted to tell New Yorkers how much soda they could buy. Now he is trying to make gun owners pay a transfer fee at an FFL EVERY time they let someone else touch one of their firearms!

Want to take a friend or relative to the range? Each of you will have to go to an FFL to apply for and pay for a transfer application. And NICS must be run (and paid for) by each of you. Once fir when you hand the gun to them and once for when they hand the gun back to you!

There is a proposal on the ballot in Washington state being advertised as a law to make mandatory background checks necessary for every private sell/firearm transfer. The scenario described above is buried in the lenghty wording of the proposal.

Bloomberg is trying to slip this law through under the guise of "sensible control". It's important we make as many aware of the true intentions on this proposal. Heavy governmental control, regulation and burdensome taxation for your guns!

For now this is only on the ballot box in Washington state. If Bloomberg succeeds in dupping Washington state voters it will only be a matter of time before this is on your ballot box and in your state. Don't let Bloomberg slip this past you or anyone else. Pass it along to others who may be interested and talk about it with others.

Here's the link to the other thread:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/71866-warn-your-friends-and-relatives-in-wa/?p=908889#entry908889

Well then if both threads are in the same section, it might be a good idea to just merge them.  Having them in the same section completely defeats the purpose of this thread.

Purpose of the threads is to get as many people to read about it and inform themselves of what is going on.  The original thread has been up for several days.  I didn't click on it b/c I don't have "family or friends" in WA.  I clicked on it, probably by accident, and my jaw pretty much hit the floor.

I don't see that you commented in the original thread.  Maybe you read it but didn't leave a comment.  Regardless, you saw this thread title and clicked on it within 90 minutes of it being posted.  Hopefully more people do the same. 

I find the story about Washington State very interesting because when I lived there in the mid 80's it was one of the most 2A respecting states in the country,  Now only 30 years later the radical left has started to make attempts to compete with the NE liberal states.     Back then you got your CCW and that was it,   No wait, no other forms except the 4473 when you purchased it,  and there were about a gazillion FREE places to go have fun.   I think I spent most of my paychecks at McCann's  gun shop in Spanaway and the rest at the Gun Show in Puyallup.     I guess when changes occur over time and citizens allow politicians to continuously erode our rights a grain at a time this is what happens and this is why all forms of infringements on our rights has to be fought.  Gun owners / patriots throughout the country need to be aware, Many times when talking with like minded patriots in other states they always wonder about how we NJersians are where we are with the infringements imposed upon us yet when I try to warn them how easy they can loose their rights I get the same old " They'll never get away with that here"  well now I see Wa State slowly slipping down the slope.    I recently tried to warn gun owners on nationwide form about the evils of Chris Christie and his true anti-gun feelings and to only believe him when his mouth is closed.  Tried to explain about how if he appointed a true constitutionalist as his first AG rather than the radical liberal Paula Dow we might have CCW now, I included links to articles and information about him and his thoughts on guns and these forum owners eventually banned me and accused me of trying to divide people.  so I quietly left and wished NJ style gun control on all of them.

I find the story about Washington State very interesting because when I lived there in the mid 80's it was one of the most 2A respecting states in the country

And Washington State has been shall issue for a very long time. Since 1961

http://www.claytoncramer.com/scholarly/shall-issue.html#c6