Pizza Bob

Kudos to Safariland x 2

Lately I have been shooting in SSR Division (Stock Service Revolver) in IDPA. Moon clips are not allowed so speedloaders are the way to go. I have been using Safariland Comp III's with my 586. These loaders have three small stand-off feet on the bottom, this allows them to clear the cylinder ratchet. They are molded integrally with the body of the loader.

At a match a couple months ago I retrieved a loader after a stage and noted that one of feet was missing - broken off apparently. Part of the game - not hugely expensive (about $16), but not something you want to buy continually. I e-mailed Safariland - not looking for any redress, but simply to ask if what happened could be expected to happen again, or was this one time an anomaly?

They wrote back saying that it was uncommon and they ask for my address so they could send me a new loader. I thought that was a great gesture. Today a box arrived from Safariland, and in it was, not one, but two new Comp III loaders.

I like companies that stand behind their products even when they don't have to.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

You have to love a company that stands behind their products, so many don't these days. I have never used any Safariland products but I will look at them when my next purchase for something in their line comes up.

I do like the looks of their ELS attachment kit but I have never seen one in use.

Lately I have been shooting in SSR Division (Stock Service Revolver) in IDPA. Moon clips are not allowed so speedloaders are the way to go. I have been using Safariland Comp III's with my 586. These loaders have three small stand-off feet on the bottom, this allows them to clear the cylinder ratchet. They are molded integrally with the body of the loader.

At a match a couple months ago I retrieved a loader after a stage and noted that one of feet was missing - broken off apparently. Part of the game - not hugely expensive (about $16), but not something you want to buy continually. I e-mailed Safariland - not looking for any redress, but simply to ask if what happened could be expected to happen again, or was this one time an anomaly?

They wrote back saying that it was uncommon and they ask for my address so they could send me a new loader. I thought that was a great gesture. Today a box arrived from Safariland, and in it was, not one, but two new Comp III loaders.

I like companies that stand behind their products even when they don't have to.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

And now they have a guaranteed repeat customer, who will give them favorable reviews. Seems like a cheap way to get good publicity.

The way CS should be.