supranatural

Wait times for pistol permits

I'm wondering if the wait for a second set of pistol permits is shorter than the first time.  Let me explan...I applied for my FFID and 2 PP at the same time last year.  Total turn around time was 49 days to receive the FFID and PP.  I want to purchase a couple more pistols so I am going to apply again for 2 PP.  Was part of the original 49 day wait time spent waiting for my FFID to come back before my township (Old Bridge) would process my PP?  If so, then would it be reasonable to expect this new set of PP to take less time since I already have a valid FFID in hand?

The answer with the NJSP Sussex barracks is NO! 

My initial FID came in a couple of months. My last set of permits came in closer to 6 months. Plus they only take your paperwork by appointment and the Sgt is never available by phone to take your appointment. 

The answer with the NJSP Sussex barracks is NO! 

My initial FID came in a couple of months. My last set of permits came in closer to 6 months. Plus they only take your paperwork by appointment and the Sgt is never available by phone to take your appointment. 

Coincidentally, I got the word through the grapevine yesterday that the 'firearms trooper' at that barracks has changed, and that now the current permit turnaround times are more like 60 days. That is my barracks, so I try to keep track of these things. My wife's last set of permits last year took 10 months.

Coincidentally, I got the word through the grapevine yesterday that the 'firearms trooper' at that barracks has changed, and that now the current permit turnaround times are more like 60 days. That is my barracks, so I try to keep track of these things. My wife's last set of permits last year took 10 months.

Serious? If so, yay!  The guy was pleasant when you met him, but I get the feeling he was ducking us. I guess the Star Ledger clipping on the notice board crowing about new gun laws passed by the assembly gave us a hint? 

Do pistol permits go to state police then back to the local police? What happens at the state police stop, do they do criminal checks etc then send it back to the township?

No permits are sent. A check is done 3 times on you when you buy a handgun from a dealer. Local PD, NJSP, and FFL. :facepalm: Stupid right?

Just got (3) from Lumberton in 6 weeks roughly.  That's the longest they have ever take. But I also got a call and letter from the chief with an apology for taking so long as well as a courtesy call from the Sgt. that does the paperwork at 9:30pm letting me know he was out on leave and that I could come next day to pick them up.

I probably won't be getting any for a while. I complained about wait times to the govenor. Got a letter from him saying my complaint was being passed on to the state attorneys office. Then I got a phone call from a trooper who wasn't really happy with me. Then he forwarded the complaint to the middlesx county prosecutors office. So Iam sure when it hits my police department. That will be the end of my permits. Lol I will probably start getting pulled over a lot too!

I probably won't be getting any for a while. I complained about wait times to the govenor. Got a letter from him saying my complaint was being passed on to the state attorneys office. Then I got a phone call from a trooper who wasn't really happy with me. Then he forwarded the complaint to the middlesx county prosecutors office. So Iam sure when it hits my police department. That will be the end of my permits. Lol I will probably start getting pulled over a lot too!

How long had you been waiting before taking action?

The first time I got a purchase permit it took 6 months and was told I had to be re finger printed as a state police requirement. About a year later I went for my second permit and that's when I contacted the governer. I am sick and tired of being forced to follow every little letter of the law when nobody else has too. I got my permit very shortly after contacting the governors office. Coincidence? Maybe idk.

The first time I got a purchase permit it took 6 months and was told I had to be re finger printed as a state police requirement. About a year later I went for my second permit and that's when I contacted the governer. I am sick and tired of being forced to follow every little letter of the law when nobody else has too. I got my permit very shortly after contacting the governors office. Coincidence? Maybe idk.

I'm closing in on three months since I submitted my paper work.  On the second month mark, I stopped in to the station and had a conversation with the records bureau who directed me to the detective handling the permits.  He assured me it would take one to two more weeks.  This coming Monday will be the two week mark.  We recently had a murder/suicide in my town which may have put my permits on hold.  However,  If he does not honor his word, I'm writing the mayor of my town.

After reading this, I am inclined to write a letter to the Governor; regardless if I receive a response. If you don't mind me asking, what did you do, call or write/email?

Bridgewater's PD is fast compared to the rest. Though, they are a pro 2A station. I've talked to a few of the guys that even said the 15 round cap is bogus as is all the other laws on the books that criminals don't follow.

I believe my last three P2P took about a month and even that was due to a form I forgot to fill out. But they mailed it to me to complete as they continued the work. It probably helps that I get something every couple of months so they have a file on me, I'm sure.

Just submitted today for permits in Washington Twp (Warren County). Was told 2-3 weeks. We'll see...my initial FPID & permits took 16 days.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Well, at least I'm a week ahead of ya..... just in case the county adjustor is backed up.... :D

Just submitted today for permits in Washington Twp (Warren County). Was told 2-3 weeks. We'll see...my initial FPID & permits took 16 days.

16 days again...