robert0rtega

Hello All from North Newark!

Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself my name is Roberto.  

I live in Newark and have most of my life.  We get a  bad rap out here but there are many good law abiding citizen still left in our community.

I do not have my Firearms Purchase ID or Purchase Permit yet as I have just recently applied for them, August 18th  and got fingerprinted August 25th.   Lets see how long it will take.  

Hopefully soon I will be in the hunt for a S&W 686 plus, M&P 9mm or .40.   Primarily home defense.   

Got my first range class coming up soon with the wife at NJ Firearms Academy.   

This place looks like a good place to find all the info I need in regards to firearms, ranges, laws, etc. 

Belleville here...grew up by the Bullet Hole. Went to Rutgers Newark, lived in the Ironbound and essentially 35 years of either living in or within a mile and half of the North Ward. Many, many nights having fun on Bloomfield Ave., Branch Brook Park, Verona Ave., Summer Ave ... Used to walk the tracks to meet people from Grafton Ave.

Wow!i didn't think there were many law abiding gun owners in Newark! Lol! I was born and raised in Newark most of my life, and I still work in Newark! njgunforums.com is the best place to learn about our great hobby, welcome to the forums...