EWC88

Glock 19

What are everyone's thoughts on the glock 19? Was checking one out today and seemed good in hand and shot good too. Have two permits in that I'm waiting on and I want to get a PPQ for sure but was looking at the glock 19 and the sig P230 that's a striker. Not sure though if I want to do two 9mm.

Glock 19 is one of the 6 basic food gun groups:

.357 mag revolver (Ruger or S&W)
Pump shotgun (Remington or Mossberg)
AR/AK

.22lr rifle
and....

A 9mm plastic handgun (G19/M&P/XD/PPQ,etc.)

ETA:

To your last statement "Not sure though if I want to do two 9mm"

That is the question. And it totally comes down to the individual.

For some people, one revolver is all the wheel guns they'll ever need. For others, it's the opposite. Same with any other type of firearm.

OK, 320 it is. So you've got to ask yourself this question: do you feel lucky today? A modular system sure looks good in theory. Especially in NJ. If you can get multiple calibers with one frame (read: pistol permit) that's a good thing on paper. I have no experience with this product; I'd like to hear from someone who has. There are some modular systems (Sig 250?) that did not get rave reviews. Disclaimer: I haven't shot any 250 variants either.

Glock 19? A classic. IF you find the grip and trigger to your liking and want ONE 9mm striker in you collection, then I'd say go with it.

I prefer the ppq in ergo. It is he same general size as the 19, holds the same rounds and have not heard much in the way of unreliability. Honestly, to me it'd be buying the same gun, cept one isn't shaped like a brick.

Get a 1911 :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I prefer the ppq in ergo. It is he same general size as the 19, holds the same rounds and have not heard much in the way of unreliability. Honestly, to me it'd be buying the same gun, cept one isn't shaped like a brick.

Agreed on all counts! I wanted to like Glocks, I really did. I find them to be meh. They work great. They shoot ok. They just don't feel right in my hands.

That being said... the PPQ is everything that people like about Glocks, without everything they don't. The PPQ fits my hand like a glove, shoots itself without aiming, and is SEXY.

I can't justify two 9's right now either, so I got the one I really wanted, the PPQ. Have you shot them both? When I shot them, that was the deciding factor, there will be no Glocks in my future... except MAYBE a G42... the only Glock I've kind of liked.

G19 IMHO is the best defense pistol you can buy.

Ultimately reliable, trigger worst than some better than some, simple to operate.

9mm ammo is available, inexpensive, controllable, and stops most humans (if it doesn't, let fly with another)

Its my duty weapon so i can tell you it is super reliable. I have used it for 7 years now. Put over 10000 rounds through mine. I can't remember having a malfunction. My duty weapon is not mine but i plan on buying one for myself when my permits come in

OK, 320 it is. So you've got to ask yourself this question: do you feel lucky today? A modular system sure looks good in theory. Especially in NJ. If you can get multiple calibers with one frame (read: pistol permit) that's a good thing on paper. I have no experience with this product; I'd like to hear from someone who has. There are some modular systems (Sig 250?) that did not get rave reviews. Disclaimer: I haven't shot any 250 variants either.

Glock 19? A classic. IF you find the grip and trigger to your liking and want ONE 9mm striker in you collection, then I'd say go with it.

you can get multiple glock calibers as well, although its not as cheap.   you cannot get multiple frame sizes though.  the glock "small frame" guns essentially are different slides the same frame.  or you can get the 40 version with aftermarket 9mm barrel in the same frame.  

the is p250 and p320 share the same frames.  just different slides and "chassis"

i'd take either although i happen to really like the glock 19

Its my duty weapon so i can tell you it is super reliable. I have used it for 7 years now. Put over 10000 rounds through mine. I can't remember having a malfunction. My duty weapon is not mine but i plan on buying one for myself when my permits come in

PAPD carries the glock 19?   never would have thought

I haven't been able to shoot a PPQ because the closest range to me does not have one to rent. I did shoot the g19 yesterday. Wasn't a bad shooter, my grip wasn't best so it felt lose the first pull but I'm working on that. Otherwise it really wasn't bad.

I held te PPQ and loved it. Felt great in hand and yes it is sexy lol.

I thought most departments carries full sized guns Glock does not supprise but I would think it would be a 17 or something full sized

Many agencies use a mid size gun and it becomes both a duty and off duty gun. Newark used to issue 6906s to everyone.

I would have preferred if they left my trigger alone. 8.5lb trigger in a compact polymer gun. So much fail

My agency required the NY 1 trigger. After years of firing DA revolvers it really didn't bother me.