EWC88

Glock 19

Glock rates the factory stock trigger at 5.5lbs, the NY1 spring is said to make it an 8lb trigger. I have a couple Glocks and a Lyman digital scale to measure pull weight. I find the average stock Glock trigger to be around 7.5lbs. With the NY1 spring installed it bumps it up to about 10lbs. Just an FYI.

I meant just get a complete slide assembly in the other caliber

Sadly, there are some poor souls out there who fell in love with Glock's at an early age who own the early G19's with the single-pin (2-pin frame) with a single pin through the locking block. It is not recommended they be adapted to take on the .40S&W conversion.  :(

G19Gen2_zps71c79c29.jpg

Sadly, there are some poor souls out there who fell in love with Glock's at an early age who own the early G19's with the single-pin (2-pin frame) with a single pin through the locking block. It is not recommended they be adapted to take on the .40S&W conversion.  :(

G19Gen2_zps71c79c29.jpg

Sounds like a pretty good excuse for buying another Glock. You can never have too many!

G19Gen2_zps71c79c29.jpg

BTW Nice "2-pin" you have there.

Honestly hard to argue against the Glock 19 G4 as one of the best all purpose handguns on the market. I have it and love it.

Rent one at the range. Shoot it and decide for yourself before you buy.

I agree that it's hard to argue against a compact, striker-fired 9mm. But there's a ton of other handguns in the same market segment like the PPQ, XD, M&P9, Steyrs, and now the VP9. Any of those will be a decent choice.

I agree that it's hard to argue against a compact, striker-fired 9mm. But there's a ton of other handguns in the same market segment like the PPQ, XD, M&P9, Steyrs, and now the VP9. Any of those will be a decent choice.

Absolutely...any of those are fine choices. That's why everyone should test drive before you buy :)

I have a Gen4 G23 and have shot my buddy's Gen2 and Gen3 extensively.

I think the Gen4's are a great evolution of the platform, especially in .40.

Having said that, it always leaves me uneasy that for any .40 Glock I've fired, it leaves a bulge on the cartridge case due to the chamber not being fully supported.

Between the G19 and G23, I prefer the G19.

Regarding the G19, it is arguably the most efficient 9mm package in terms of size, weight and # of rounds.  It is sculpted as sexy as a PPQ (have one of those too), no, it's not.  However, for me, the G19 tracks better and can be shot almost as accurately.  Rather I should say, the PPQ is easier to be accurate with when taking slow paced deliberate very focused aim.  The G19 shoots better when shot at a quicker pace.  The G19 has a trigger, that while far from as nice feeling as a lot of pistols, works very well when shooting with a more combat shooting mind set.  Having said that, the G19 trigger took me quite some time to get comfortable with.  I also like that the trigger is not fully cocked while in battery, as compared to an M&P / PPQ, etc.

Parts availability and cost are about as good as it gets.  Mags are $25 or less.  All the sight companies make sights for Glocks.

If you're going to have 1 pistol to do everything with, there are not many better choices than the G19.

The classic Gen 2 G19.  Very cool.  That was my 1st G19 and it's still my fav.  I dry fired that sucker so much without snap caps, I shattered the breach area from the firing pin slamming into back of the breach area.  Glock was kind enough to give me a Gen3 slide for the pistol.

BLF- recommend any company to get the conversion barrel from? I did a quick google and seen a lot of people saying Lonewolf, but didn't know if you have done this and recommend a certain one.

Lone Wolf is excellent - they sell them on eBay with free shipping.