Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

Pod 308

Whatz so special about this rifle?

Its a really good price for a higher end piston 308 ar. The only downside to this particular model (aside from being ugly) is that it doesnt look like the internals are np3 coated. The one I had was entirely np3 coated (upper/lower receiver, bcg, everything) it ran super clean with very little lube.

They are very accurate as well. I got an moa group at 300yds with good ammo.

OK, so if I bought it thinking it would have some collector value on down the pike, I guess I just got screwed. (No I didn't, nor will I buy one).  Just making an observation.

Buy guns to shoot them, not for investment.

Went on their facebook. 1399$. Thats just silly. Msrp like 3300$ or so. Gotta get atleast two.

Real world pricing is closer to $2k new for the np3 model, $1850 for other models. Still a great deal but not like they sell for $3300. Used np3 models are selling around $1500-1600 on various boards.

The market is flooded with 'evil black' rifles. 

Nobody is buying, inventory is high. Look for big sales coming down the pipe. I feel if things remain calm you'll see deals like you never have this holiday season. Look for ammo, except 22, to crash in price soon. Lots of rumbling in the marketplace.

if you decide to get one, I suggest you do it in person.  I've had few POFs over the years, and IMHO build quality is way down. my first POF from 5 years ago was and still is phenomenal, but my new Gen 3 308 leaves much to be desired. and yes, I have NP3 version and paid $2100 for it.

$1300 is still a deal though, especially if you can chose yours.

Frank rizzo. Ive never been charged the 3 percent from them. Im not sure what thats about. If you go there to get it theyll do the pa version of the nics check and you can walk out with it. Also no shipping or transfer fees. Its worth the ride to see the other stuff they have

They informed me that with my NJ credentials it must be shipped to a NJ FFL.  No clue why the 3%, but they said cash or check would save me the $42.  Maybe its just for this deal they are charging a cc fee?  Who knows...   Unfortunately, they are 1.5hr drive from me, too far to go inspect/buy one in person.