jrfly3006

Recommend me ammo for my SPR .223

Gonna be shooting from an AR platform with Rainier Arms Match 18" , 1/8 twist, rifle gas system and Wylde chamber...Max range (for now) is 300 yards...looking to realize as much as the guns potential as possible..still undecided on bullet weight..not handloading at the moment so looking for commercially available rds..fire away all...

Your rifle may be a bigger variable. Some of the Wolf match stuff works great for some people terrible for others. Feed those rifles Black Hills, and those rifles would switch places.

Try some and see how it goes. The perfect load for your gun is not something you are likely to stumble on at the first try. If it does, then you are lucky.

For example I'm struggling to get a load that is accurate enough in my new "games" rifle.

I have the same Ranier bbl as you and shoot American Eagle 62gr green tips as range fodder and have been buying Prvi Partisan 69 and 75gr match hollow point to shoot once I gain some level of competency with the rifle.  PPU is not as accurate as Black Hills, but it's damned close and a fraction of the cost.  PPU ammo costs about $9 to $12 per box of 20 when it's on sale.  Do not compare the price of NATO spec range fodder with match or game ammo.  They are not the same thing.