Sign in to follow this  
illy

Talo Exclusive Ruger Vaquero .45 ACP $289

Don't know how many of you are interested in single action revolvers, but for those who are, this is the definition of a great deal-

http://www.kygunco.com/ruger-vaquero-45-auto-6rd-375in-blued-revolver-58276

There were only 800 of these ever made, 500 in .45 Colt and 300 in .45 ACP.

They usually sell for $600+ and the lowest price I've ever seen for one NIB is $550.

EDITED:

Changed title to from Lipsey's to Talo exclusive.

I think these are built on the old (larger frame). A few years back they started with the "New Vaquero", which was built on the XR3 frame. I was actually looking for one of these about 5 years ago - when I saw it, now, at that price, how could I resist? I now have .45 ACP's in:

• DA Revolver
  • SA Revolver
  • DA/SA Semi-auto
  • SA Semi-auto

Money order goes in the mail tomorrow.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

oos - shame, really, because it looked interesting. I'm not sure I would want the birds-head grip, though. Anyone shoot a Ruger with this grip...did you like it?

As with everything grip-wise, it varies by individual.

However, most people (especially those that don't shoot SAs a lot) says the birds head grip feels more controllable than the "plow handle" grips.

Plus, in .45 ACP, should be a pussycat.

Money order goes in the mail tomorrow.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Same.

Thank God for Rick at OMG. I already have a GP100 & an MKIII 22/45 in his safe and my permits still haven't come in.

On the bright side, since I have three handguns at the same FFL, it makes sense finally apply for an exemption.

My stuff occupies one whole side of one safe. I might have to buy a safe and keep it there

Lol.  Every time I'm in there, puling out my paperwork from the stack goes something like: "Joe, Joe, Joe, some other guy, Joe, Joe, Joe, ah, here it is."

Ugh.

Dear Customer,

We see that you have place an order for a Ruger Vaquero (RGR-5154). We had a pricing error on this item. We apologize for the this mistake, at this time we are unable to fulfill your order. We are truly sorry, thanks for the understanding.

Thank You,

Patrick Hayden

Owner

Kentucky Gun Co.

401 Glenwood Dr

Bardstown KY 40004

PH: 502-348-3594

Fax: 502-348-6211

My response to them:

Thanks for spreading my e-mail address to a bunch of strangers, I’ve already received one unsolicited e-mail from your bone-headedness – ever heard of blind copy? So not only are you unethical in your Internet dealings, but you also have little concern for your potential customer’s security. I found this deal through our state gun forum, I’ll make sure I let the board know the outcome.

Adios,

Pizza Bob<-----Pi$$ed-off