MidwestPX

Took the big blue plunge

You need a Kazinsky shed :D  All kidding aside my wife would definitely smother me with a pillow and tell the cops it was sleep apnea if I set up something like that in the kitchen. really, no kidding :D  Okay, maybe I am kidding....maybe.

That is an impressive looking piece of machinery.  How many rounds per minute can you produce and what is the reproducibility of tolerances for OAL and powder charge?

At a leisurely pace, if I have primer tubes already loaded (I generally have 2k of each size loaded up), I can produce 600 rounds per hour of .308. About 450 of .223 when placing bullets by hand and about double that with the bullet feeder running. Tolerances seem to be +/- .003" which has produced some pretty decently consistent ammo. As for the powder measure, it's +/- .1gr with ball powder and +/- .2gr with short extruded H4895. I did polish all the metal surfaces to make it slide a little more consistently. Some of my results for the ammo that's come off this setup:

150gr FMJ .308 plinking

N: 200

Avg: 2,511 fps

ES: 77 fps

SD: 18.8 fps

CV: 0.75%

75gr BTHP 5.56 match

N: 25

Avg: 2,845 fps

ES: 90 fps

SD: 22.0 fps

CV: 0.77%

I'm perfectly happy with those results when I look at the speed of production relative to performance.