10X

Who stocks Trap O/U shotguns in North Jersey?

I'm looking for a new trap gun, and would like to handle a few O/Us to see what fits me best.    What shops in north or north-central NJ are most likely to have something in stock?   New or used, budget up to a few thou.   Griffin & Howe is on the list, but if anyone knows of other shops that might have more than one model in stock, I'd like to hear about it.  I'm looking for a dedicated trap model, and the shelves aren't exactly overflowing with them.

The Browning Citori XT Trap is on my short list, if anyone here has one they are looking to sell...

Thanks.

I bought my Charles Daly O/U from Griffin and Howe off of their used rack for a pretty reasonable price, though that was about 14years ago.  If you've never been to Griffin and Howe its well worth the trip just to look at their collection, though most of their stuff is pretty steep as ogfarmer mentioned.  

I bought my Charles Daly O/U from Griffin and Howe off of their used rack for a pretty reasonable price, though that was about 14years ago.  If you've never been to Griffin and Howe its well worth the trip just to look at their collection, though most of their stuff is pretty steep as ogfarmer mentioned.  

I was just on their site.  They have some nice stuff for $40-50k

On the other hand they have some nice Brownings for about $1500 too.

Bang for the buck...The Brownings are a decent investment gun and wear like iron.

i hate to say this but call up Cheyenne outfitters, cant stand the place, but was there not to long ago with a  buddy that was buying his first pistol and there was a customer checking out a few new and used o/u trap guns. looked like they had a few in stock

A couple years ago, I went around to Lou's, Griffin and Howe and ended at Meltzer and Sons. I'd recommend the same route to put your hands on a number of different models. As I remember, for trap specific, Lou's had a Ceasar Guerini, Griffin and Howe had some Berettas (none trap specific, but many others running the gammit of field and target models from many manufacturers - it's a great shop), but Meltzers had the Citori XT I was looking for and the price was comparable to Cabelas. 

Knowing that you're looking for a trap specific model will limit your selection, which is fine if that is what you want. Consider what it is that those models offer. The sporting models may also meet your needs and give you a little more versatility. I know I'm looking to add a sporting model now.

Lots of good advice here.   John Boy, that's a beautiful SKB, but I think I think I'm going to need an adjustable comb, and probably longer barrels.   I'll probably end up with something from the Browning Citori family.  I'm a fan of SKB, though.

I've seen some promising guns at Meltzer's, Davis, Ottomanellis, and Griffin and Howe...and Lou's does have Guerini's in stock, but a new one is outside my target price range.  All of those shops have been great to deal with.  Simon Peter's phone seems to be disconnected--not sure what to make of that.

As noted above, Griffin and Howe really is worth a visit.   They have some used or lower-end new stuff for sale, but admiring the eye candy is what really make is worth the trip.   The staff is friendly, and I got to handle some beautiful guns up to an $80,000 H&H double that was on the rack.   Everything over $100K was behind glass and you had to ask to bring those out...  I think the priciest gun I saw was a 4-barrel Perazzi set for $299,000.   Of course, none of those guns are likely ever to be fired again, nor for the most part, would they be competitive with more modern designs--but they sure are pretty.

I went to CMO yesterday, looking to pick up a used 20ga for my daughter. They did not have what I wanted but they do have a number of nice used shot guns. Mostly in 12ga but that is true for most stores. Unlike previous visits, the counter guys were actually friendly and helpful - pleasent surprise.