Sign in to follow this  
FLHX

S&W new pistols from the Performance Center

I have become a big M&P fan and these look like awesome pieces - the S&W Performance Center produces some awesome guns... Really great examples of American skilled engineering, skilled labor, fine fine detail and workmanship etc.  These are pretty much something I'd love to have, couldn't really see myself buying but if I won in a contest I'd be very happy to have.

I have two new M&Ps.... a Shield 9 and a 22 Compact - they were both literally hot off the presses, made in June and July respectively and I bought both in August.  People have had problems with S&Ws just the same as anyone else's products, but mine have been flawless and fine fine firearms.

If anyone makes the jump and gets one of these I'd love to hear some experiences, a big boy 5" ported, Performance Center M&P w/ a red dot sight would be a heckuva race gun.

I have become a big M&P fan and these look like awesome pieces - the S&W Performance Center produces some awesome guns... Really great examples of American skilled engineering, skilled labor, fine fine detail and workmanship etc.  These are pretty much something I'd love to have, couldn't really see myself buying but if I won in a contest I'd be very happy to have.

I have two new M&Ps.... a Shield 9 and a 22 Compact - they were both literally hot off the presses, made in June and July respectively and I bought both in August.  People have had problems with S&Ws just the same as anyone else's products, but mine have been flawless and fine fine firearms.

If anyone makes the jump and gets one of these I'd love to hear some experiences, a big boy 5" ported, Performance Center M&P w/ a red dot sight would be a heckuva race gun.

I own a Shield 9mm (starting to use it for EDC), and I'm considering an M & P .22 Full size to help train/mentor my niece/nephew.

Just so you know, 2 relevant points - the M&P22 is basically discontinued, as Smith and Wesson has already completely dissolved their corporate partnership with Walther ... who handled the production of several popular rimfire firearms in conjuction w/ Umarex including the Smith and Wesson M&P 22.  That is one of the main reasons Smith and Wesson decided to bring the M&P 22 Compact in-house, which is completely made by Smith and Wesson..

the second point I wanted to make was , it sounded like you were inferring you wanted the full-size to teach shooting rather than a "Compact' firearm.  It is my wholehearted belied that Smith and Wesson simply had to fulfill some sort of altering the design to make sure it wasn't a patent infringement or something technical like that... so they made and called it "Compact" - but it is not a compact pistol.  It's supposed to be exactly 87.5% the size of the M&P "full-size" pistols but you barely notice it.  It's very light in the hand, but feels great, not compact at all (like the Shield DOES feel compact.).

Just wanted to throw that out there, I would personally be looking at the M&P22C since the M&P22 is discontinued.