Zack

Free shipping again from Freedom munitions. All orders.

Don't think so as it has already shipped and they explicitly state not valid on such.  I'll live.  I got $100 off that order as I sent in a box of brass for credit, so all is not lost.  But I did just double down and ordered another 1,000 of 9mm 147grain new.

Don't think so as it has already shipped and they explicitly state not valid on such.  I'll live.  I got $100 off that order as I sent in a box of brass for credit, so all is not lost.  But I did just double down and ordered another 1,000 of 9mm 147grain new.

talk to me a bit about sending back the brass. how much did it cost to ship? how big a box did you use?

talk to me a bit about sending back the brass. how much did it cost to ship? how big a box did you use?

Just ship it using the priority flat rate boxes. Depending on how much brass you have will determine your shipping cost.

If you use a flat rate box the cost has nothing to do with how much brass, as it is not dependent upon weight.  They were rather shocked at the post office at how heavy the box was.  I used the medium size flat rate box, the one that is about 4" wide but long and deep.  It cost $12.65 for me to ship 41 pounds of brass in it.

If you use a flat rate box the cost has nothing to do with how much brass, as it is not dependent upon weight.  They were rather shocked at the post office at how heavy the box was.  I used the medium size flat rate box, the one that is about 4" wide but long and deep.  It cost $12.65 for me to ship 41 pounds of brass in it.

running some numbers...

$12.65 shipped

$2.50/lb brass credit price

5# of brass credit "lost" to shipping costs

36# of brass sent effectively applied to order

$90 effective credit

technically the bigger flat rate should be more cost effective...

11x8.5x5.5: ................ 514.25 in3 @ $12.65 = 40.65 in3/$ (41# actual)

13.625x11.875x3.375: 546.06 in3 @ $12.65 = 43.17 in3/$ (43.54# est)

12x12x5.5: ................. 792.00 in3 @ $17.90 = 44.25 in3/$ (63.14# est)

23.6875x11.75x3: ...... 834.98 in3 @ $17.90 = 46.65 in3/$ (66.57# est)

I sent 50 pounds of brass back in a large flat rate shipping box which cost $17.45.

At $2.50 / pound the brass credit was $125. Less $17.45 shipping netted a $107.55 credit against my order.

Now you know why I'm a Brass Whore.

Wow I got confirmation from USPS that my brass got delivered yesterday and this morning I got an email stating my credit for it has been applied. Way cool!!! NOTE TO SELF - keep bending over to pickup brass :)

There must be a really good House Of Ill Repute (or diner?) in Hodgkins IL. The trans-con trucks never seem to get through there in less than 24 hours. My order arrived there Sunday 9:26 AM and hasn't left yet. Scheduled for Friday delivery.