Sign in to follow this  
gfl216

Marlin 795 for $159.99

I have 2, one for me and one for my 12 year old. It is one of my favorite guns.

Mine is decked out with a wood stock, tech sights and some DIP aftermarket parts. My kid's is stock.

I prefer it over the Ruger 10/22, mostly because of the last shot hold-open mechanism and the simplicity of the magazines. Keep in mind that aftermarket parts are not that common, unlike the Ruger.

It shares magazines with virtually any Marlin semi-auto and bolt action gun made in the past 40 years. It's internals are almost the same as the venerable Marlin 60.

If you get one, check to make sure the front sight is on straight. There was a batch of early Remington made Marlins that had crooked front sights.

If you want to try one out, we can meet at Stafford Forge and you can send some rounds downrange.

Dajonga,

Thank you for the offer, I may have to take you up on it. OG and sider thanks for

the input. I was at Bob Kislins today and they had a Remington 597 that looks pretty interesting.

I guess now I'll have to start a Marlin 795 VS Remington 597 thread.

get there early and run!!! to firearms dept, believe it or not a lot of people go.

I showed up hr before opening and was like 30th or so in line, line got long behind me. I was like 5th in line once in dept and took hr+ to get to counter to fill out papers. They only had 2 people working behind counter, You fill out paperwork, then pay for nics and then you come back a day or so later to pick up your stuff.

I went to woodbridge, and there was like 30+ or more people waiting in line for firearms behind me.

Whats annoying is people ahead of you window shopping when then get up to the guy, People should window shop days before hand,

i will never go to stores on that day

This. I didn't get mine on the actual Black Friday; it was the following Monday, an "as long as supplies last" promotion I came across looking for something else. In the long run, my 795 fell apart.

Unless there is one, exact specific thing you want - no window shopping, no impulse buys - I think Black Friday is more hassle than it's worth. It's fun to do a few times, though some of my friends are all about it. To each his own.

Not to hi jack this thread but how hard is it to get the black Friday deals on firearms? I need a 22 rifle and I was going to try my luck at Dicks.

Depends entirely on the store. IMHO, 22 rifles are priced so low normally, you don't save that much. Throw out a WTB ad here and you'll probably find a better one without the wait.

i cant comment about the 22s, but last year, the shotgun deals were available-at the BF price-long after black friday.

From Dicks? I think I remember seeing a flyer after BF and the prices were the same as on BF..?

Hopefully AIM, J&G, Classic, etc. will run some decent sales but not holding my breath :/

Yes - the shotguns were still selling at the black friday prices a week or three afterward

Also, with the cost of 22lr not nearly back to pre panic prices I've seen 22 rifles and pistols sell for less this year. A Ruger 10/22 I got off gunbroker a month or so ago ran me $158 NIB (new in box) normally retail a tad over $200. That included NICS/Transfer fees, too.

Also, with the cost of 22lr not nearly back to pre panic prices I've seen 22 rifles and pistols sell for less this year. A Ruger 10/22 I got off gunbroker a month or so ago ran me $158 NIB (new in box) normally retail a tad over $200. That included NICS/Transfer fees, too.

That is a hell of a deal.

Sent from my ADR6350

agree, .22lr is still ridiculously expensive.  I will only buy at a great deal, no need to line someone else's pockets

The manufactures are selling it to wholesalers at the normal pre-panic prices, the wholesalers are making a small mark up but the retailers (online and retail) are still claiming they have had to raise prices due to the manufacturer.

Of course we have assholes buying Remington range packs and CCI bricks left and right who don't even own a 22LR and selling that $40 range pack for $120+ all day online.

I bought The Marlin 795 on sale at Dicks for $139.00 on Saturday (same price as Black Friday). Picked it up today after NICS cleared. I got it home and showed it to my 12 yr old daughter. She picked it up with a huge smile on her face and said "when can we shoot it". Hopefully if the weather is good we can break it in this weekend.

I bought The Marlin 795 on sale at Dicks for $139.00 on Saturday (same price as Black Friday). Picked it up today after NICS cleared. I got it home and showed it to my 12 yr old daughter. She picked it up with a huge smile on her face and said "when can we shoot it". Hopefully if the weather is good we can break it in this weekend.

Nice man give us a range report after you take it out, I never got my 22 rifle on black Friday. I had to use my last pistol permit before it expired. (S&W Shield 9mm). My Wife got one of he Savage pump shot guns that Dicks had for $189 though, we bought it friday afternoon after all the crowds were gone.

awesome!