If I keep my home here in NJ but move to PA is my FID still good? Thinking of switching states is spend equal time both places.

Which would be your primary domicile?    In which would you have your Driver's License, register to vote, etc.?

If I had the opportunity to move, I'd definitely change my primary domicile out of NJ. Anything has to be better....

There are non-resident FPID's, so it is possible to get one with your PA address to match your PA DL. You have to file all the necessary forms (STS-033 / SP-066 / SBI-212A) with the NJSP barracks closest to your residence (excluding barraks on the NJTP or Parkway). This would allow you to purchase long guns in NJ as well as handgun ammunition and allow transport of longarms outside of the specific exemptions.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

If you keep a residence in both states, you can be a dual resident as far as gun buying goes, but you must reside at both homes and not be renting one out. With that in mind, you could keep you FID, but if you change your DL to PA it may be difficult to do a NICS check here.

These was a discussion about this recently where the dual resident ended up getting a NJ boat license.

In addition to all of the above, it would be interesting to first apply for and receive a PA LTCF and then be able to "check that box" that says you already have a CCW in your "home state" when applying for a NJ CCW..........not that they would actually issue one to you (justifiable need clause).  It would make "them" scratch their heads though..........

No I'm not having any problems nor do I want to sell my NJ home as my six year old lives 10 minuets away and she means more to me then anything in this world.

. I just hate NJ's gun laws. I walk into the gun store by my PA home and sitting in the case is a hard to find pistol I'm after. I'm saying I have to wait forever to get a permit then transfer it to and FFL and so on. The guy behind me says there are no more Magpul 30 round AR mags on the shelf so the dealer throws a full shipping box of them on the counter and bam 7 go out the door. Then five more minuets goes by and a guy comes in and asks the dealer what it takes to buy a 7 shot 375 mag pistol. The dealer says cash and a drivers liscence.

The guy replies oh thats it I never bought a gun before and buys it and walks out the door!!

So I'm saying to myself I live here(PA) for 22 years now and I cant buy a gun this way I want to be free and as I'm chatting up with the boys for the next 1/2 hour the dealer sells to AR's with all and I mean all the toys attached and one shotgun. So I'm just getting tired of being treated like a tax providing criminal by my home state of NJ. But I'm also a lifetime member to cherry ridge and enjoy shooting there. My time is spent friday through monday is in PA and the rest in NJ. I want to be a free American Citizen but yet retain my right to lawfully own firearms in NJ.

I want to get a PA drivers Lic but maintain my NJ FID.

I just went thru a similar situation. I have a condo in FL and split my time in NJ and FL. I recently switched my Drivers License to Florida. Legally you can purchase firearms including handguns in either state and maintain your NJ FID. The reality was I could not find a NJ FFL to do a transfer since I had a Florida DL. Legally I should be able to prove my NJ residence with a utility bill and my ID with a passport. I spend month at a time in NJ so I need to purchase up here on occasion. You could purchase in PA and bring handgun to NJ no problem.

I had to get a NJ boating Lic. Looks just like a drivers lic and the number is the same as my old NJ drivers lic. (8 hour course for boat lic.) it also came in handy for getting season ski pass at campgaw as a Bergan Resident. I am finding lots of situations I prefer to identify myself as a NJ resident as apposed to as a Florida resident with my Drivers Lic. Get a boat lic and be who you want when you want. Best of both worlds.

post-5151-141219143712_thumb.jpg