High Exposure

Cory, of Range Time, is a fraud (But Erika is still HOT)

Note: All links are cold (replace DOTcom with .com) to prevent any cross forum shenanigans.

I knew something about him bugged me and it wasn't just his association with Yeager *spit*

He just teaches shit he learned from other instructors with no understanding of why the TTPs he teaches should or shouldn't be used and passes himself off as knowledgable. He's personable and has a hot wife. That's it.

The proof to me that he really does not understand gunfighting at all and is merely shooting is apparent in his incessant need to speed the damn safety on at the end of every drill. It drives me up a god-damned wall. He takes himself right out of the fight before it is over every damn time.

Apparently this all started with a thread on Snipers Hide:

http://forum.snipershideDOTcom/training-classes/263930-corey-alan-jackson-range-time-terre-haute-indiana-stolen-valor.html

The Lies and Stolen Valor: Cory Alan Jackson, of Range Time

http://sofrepDOTcom/36718/stolen-valor-cory-alan-jackson/#ixzz3Ea0bgkgn

This story was brought to my attention by a friend who linked me to the lyrical styling’s of James Yeager, CEO of Tactical Response, a training company, as well as CEO of Tactical Response Gear Inc., a tactical supply company, and John Willis of SOE Tactical, maker of the famous Combat Cock, a piece of nylon and Velcro that no true “Operator” should ever be without.

In this vid, the two front men were speaking about a controversy that has been picking up speed recently. It dealt with a friend and business associate of theirs, Cory Alan Jackson from Range Time Tactical Shooting, and accusations of Stolen Valor. Although both of them are no stranger to controversy, this story isn’t about their past, their current businesses or their obnoxious YouTube vids, but it does touch on their personal and ethical values as well as what they think about things such as Honor and Integrity.

It’s important to note that this video came out prior to Cory Jackson replying to the accusations, and apparently, as long you are their friends and “push a lot of business to them,” then they don’t care, and “you’re going to have to do a lot more than bullshit about some military service” for them to stop associating with you.

I do have to thank them, though. I never would have heard about Cory, much less decided to write an article about him, if these two hadn’t decided to make such an offensive and disrespectful (in my opinion) video. I reached out for a comment from both of them. John Willis said, “I’ll Pass,” and James Yeager never replied.

Cory Alan Jackson

The accusations against Cory Alan Jackson are that he claimed to be an 11B (infantry) and that he used those credentials to elevate his worth, when he started his business, Range Time Tactical Shooting. His current mission statement on the site states:

“At Range Time-Tactical Shooting, LLC, our mission is to train law abiding, like-minded people in the safe and effective use of firearms and tactics for self- defense. We ask that each student comes into each of our classes with an open mind to our style of training, in hope that they can take away what is useful and what works best for each of them.”

Cory has done his best to hide as much of the past as he could and has repeatedly changed his story on what actually happened. He has tried to change profiles, delete comments, threads and videos, but all to no avail. He made a statement but I think it’s best to look at the evidence first.

Professional Website

The changes he has made to his BIO from the official Range Time website thanks to the “Way Back Machine”:

21NOV2012 No mention of the military

2JUN2013: “Since he was honorably discharged from the Army on 2001”

2JUL2014 to present: Cory’s current bio states: Cory Jackson is the Co-founder of Range Time-Tactical Shooting, LLC, he is also a NRA Certified Range Safety Officer and a pistol and rifle instructor. Since he was medicallly discharged from the Army in 2001 for a pre-exsisting heart condition Cory has had around 100 hours of training each year from some of the top instructors around the United States. What is unique about Cory is that he has been constantly training over the past 13 years and although he is an instructor he tries his best to be a constant student and continue to learn. Cory’s training style has derived from the classes he has taken by picking and choosing what works best for him and his students.

The article at the link contains a lot more info all with links and sources. Frankly it is just too much to put it all here.

Full Disclosure: I admit that I would occasionally watch some videos but mostly for:

F387DC8E-4E67-4FCC-91EB-5011C3EF3B68_zps

Oh, and this made me giggle:

8B09F35C-B84D-4CB9-BE64-E917708BE077_zps

He made a video on it, cleared it up and apologized a few weeks ago. I never saw what the big deal was other than the guys getting upset that he did not want to push or endorse a particular  small time gear company. Everybody learns from somebody. Half the people running around learned from Clint Smith.Others learned from Massad Ayoob. His background does not make his training any less valid than others at that particular level. Having trained in different classes I find that , for me the most annoying thing are the guys who come there to hear war stories or want to know how many tours you did and what super tactical elite magician unit people were with. As if that some how makes the training better or more accepting. Its like the guys who swoon all over the IDF, LOL. Would I take a class with him? Maybe. Not any time soon though. 

So claiming combat experience in AFG as his creds but actually going AWOL prior to deployment instead is "no big deal"? Do you think someone with that kind of character flaw would be a good instructor?

I don't care who he endorses or not. My problem is an integrity issue, on multiple levels.

Not to mention that while he can shoot, he doesn't really know what he is talking about.

Personally, among other things, an instructors background - and their honesty about it, absolutely makes a difference. There is a why behind every how. Without real world experience in what you are teaching the why usually gets lost - making the training less than what it should or could be.

Think about trainers in your profession - the folks that only have "book" or theory learning are not usually the best ones to get the job done or train the guys who are.

This sort of thing is despicable. The problem as I see it is that there is NOT enough backlash and shunning and therefore "consequences" of stealing valor and making false claims,inflation of military credentials or blatant falsifying of records and training etc. Too many basically lie from the start to finish. They get caught and then pull the EXACT SAME THING this mothertrucker is pulling, "Dont get all bent out of shape its just a mixup no big deal leave me alone haters gon hate!!!" Oh and btw I have a hotter wife amd she defends me vigorously ... then dbags-in-arms like Yeager defend and deflect because they are cut from the same tactical tunics... basically the same type of joker. There is a lot of stuff online about jimmy yeags resume being anywhere from embellished, falsified, to downright lies .. I couldn't care less because I wouldn't waste my time on him unless it was like this, part of another article.

Look at the case the Supreme Court ruled you CAN steal valor... that Mexican? I think? Or Puerto Rican older Marine guy first denied he did anything wrong, then switched gears to a version of, Haters gon Hate! Then basically won his case by claiming, I can claim anything I want and its none of your business. And it's no big deal what I claim. And he won.

If there was large scale shunning or big time public embarrassment maybe the people would think twice etc. Look at Dave Canterbury. I was discussing him while watching Dual survival 3 Years back in a video stream chat room, and called it that he was no sniper and was making false claims, he turns out to be a big time emnellisher and falsfied a ton of the claims he made.... and he knew he was famous enough that this could seriously affect his career chances after losing Dual Survival. He made a YouTube and said, listen, everyone is talking about me and why I got canned, did I do it (Cory his partner basically threw him under the bus with a FB post) ..... yes I did! Im very sorry, I wanted to get the job, increase the profile of my school, and most of all help my family and take care of my family. I got to accomplish those goals but I lied and I was wrong, I am sorry, its shameful, I hope you can forgive me. -THAT is a man responding in a mans way. Having your trophy wife claiming people are lying and malicious is nearly as bad as the valor stealing.

I say, public shunning and lots of it. Too many men and women have died and been maimed etc. For stolen valor and military falsification etc to be no big deal.

Shane, that's the video I was telling you about a few weeks ago and I couldn't remember the guys name at the time. He is partnered up with T. Haley.

Ron Avery definitely understands the "WHY" and he can convey it to students in a well thought out manner that gets results. He combines his knowledge of "How", "Why" and "When" with applicable and useful drills that gets you to improve. He is one of the trainers out there that when he talks, I listen - because I am guaranteed to learn something.

Check out his trigger-stripe drills for diagnosing recoil control. Very cool.

Now that was an interesting read.....He never got out of reception?? WTF!

Yeah, my initial reaction was "So he exaggerated his service. Tool, but whatever."

Then I saw all the details and my reaction was exactly the same "WTF!"

It's like me claiming I went to Yale Law because I applied to the undergrad program, got an interview and walked out in the middle of it when it became clear I hadn't even passed the SATs.

I'm pretty sure anyone hiring me as a lawyer would want to know that, even if I had worked at a real law office for years and sort of knew the law.

Yeah, my initial reaction was "So he exaggerated his service. Tool, but whatever."

Then I saw all the details and my reaction was exactly the same "WTF!"

It's like me claiming I went to Yale Law because I applied to the undergrad program, got an interview and walked out in the middle of it when it became clear I hadn't even passed the SATs.

I'm pretty sure anyone hiring me as a lawyer would want to know that, even if I had worked at a real law office for years and sort of knew the law.

Exactly, Im thinking a POG embellishing, that however is something different. Its exactly like you said.

didn't he claim in his video that someone from his company or something was the one exaggerating his service . I remember following this on a few forums and such a while back,

in my book him and yeager can both suck a D.

Now that was an interesting read.....He never got out of reception?? WTF!

Is that "reception?" I thought that was Zero Week(s).

Reception is when you ship to an overseas unit and spend 3 hours in classes every morning and eat chips and dip and drink beer all day :) And see how many women you can entertain since they throw them in with us goons for that short period.

Is that "reception?" I thought that was Zero Week(s).

Reception is when you ship to an overseas unit and spend 3 hours in classes every morning and eat chips and dip and drink beer all day :) And see how many women you can entertain since they throw them in with us goons for that short period.

I meant receiving. Did he even get a hair cut?

the only reason i ever watched his videos was for erika or the instructor he was pushing at that time (never yager). he always seems like a try hard asshole to me which usually meas hes trying to cover something up and then i found this out a while ago. its a shame that he brainwashed a good looking girl into believing his bullshit and now she has no choice but to stay because they have a kid and business. i've never served but i hate people that claim they have. people ask all me all the time when i wear a marine shirt for my grandfather and some friends or navy shirt for my brother and i always tell the truth. its really not a big deal to have never served and still be an instructor but lying about it makes me hope his business fails horribly.

F387DC8E-4E67-4FCC-91EB-5011C3EF3B68_zps

Her camel toe sucked up half her shorts and tied them into a crotch knot. Look at that! It's a knot!

In the 90s I could tie a swizzle stick from a drink into a knot with my mouth but I have never seen a girl's cooter suck up half her shorts and start crocheting it into an Afgan!

Her camel toe sucked up half her shorts and tied them into a crotch knot. Look at that! It's a knot!

In the 90s I could tie a swizzle stick from a drink into a knot with my mouth but I have never seen a girl's cooter suck up half her shorts and start crocheting it into an Afgan!

There's not a single thing you could say that would make me want any less part of her. She is the only reason I ever watched their videos. Not only is she super attractive, but she's a textbook, sweet southern girl. She could have a moose knuckle and I would want it...bad

Jeez you guys are fawning over this girl like she is the greatest looking woman ever. Is she cute? Sure. Is she so attractive I would look twice at her if we passed on the street? No.

Double points for being pro2a, deduct those points for being attracted to and marrying a dbag, and we are back to a normal girl.

Jeez you guys are fawning over this girl like she is the greatest looking woman ever. Is she cute? Sure. Is she so attractive I would look twice at her if we passed on the street? No. Double points for being pro2a, deduct those points for being attracted to and marrying a dbag, and we are back to a normal girl.

you forgot to deduct more points for spawing said dbags child. Like i said, at this point I just feel sorry for her.