Scorpio64

Gunsmiths in and near Monmouth County.

Hi Scorpio54, what model Marlin? Marlins are not too hard to work on and Jack First gun shop has all the parts.

Have you ever checked out Marlinowners,com ?  Tons of info, with a great how to gunsmith section.If you need some help let me know.

Dave

Hi Scorpio54, what model Marlin? Marlins are not too hard to work on and Jack First gun shop has all the parts.

Have you ever checked out Marlinowners,com ?  Tons of info, with a great how to gunsmith section.If you need some help let me know.

Dave

Dave, It's a 39D I recently picked up.  I got a little ambitious during the take down to clean it for the first time and wound up with "extra parts" after reassembly.  I figured out where most of the things that fell out of the receiver went and put them back into place but I'm left with one screw I cannot figure out where it belongs.  I've looked at several exploded view diagrams but none specifically for the 39D as I cannot find one.  I joined marlinowners the day I picked up the rifle.  I've asked for some assistance there and have received a reply but the problem is not yet resolved.