Lalo

AR Vector Image

So I took off from work yesterday and got bored so I decided to spend some time working on Illustrator which I haven't touched in like 10 years. It all started when one of the companies I worked with lost the raw image files for their logos and I was tasked to recreate them. I grabbed an image and pretty much re-drew it line by line to come up with an extremely high resolution image that could be used to reprint on stickers, pamphlets truck snickering, etc. I decided to grab a pic of one of my AR's and see what it come out looking like. Let me know what you think.

Started off with this image

d71117fbf2b2264ac3861eb87ee77307_zpsfd3a

Then I started drawing, tracing each component one by one starting with this...

0f231aeb0f058c937706605485e78d3e_zpsd375

Then this...

d9cb321494443ca60a433daa842eb330_zps1549

To this...

a74a46345c2570dc8bca4041f6d01e9a_zpsee18

And finally this...

79fcce5224fc67155a434dfd769ca384_zps069d

Here is the entire trace overlaid on top of the original pic...

6561a0f4550844085736481c5a001303_zps3335

Next step is to color everything in, then possibly massaging it a little in Photoshop. Will post an update soon. This one took about 8 hours to complete because of all the detail. I think I might start doing some other firearms as well. Pistols look a lot more simple to do. Thanks for looking!

Wow, that's wicked cool.  I wish I could do that.  How long did that take to do?

On the black, you cannot notice the lines but on the FDE section, you can definitely notice it.  It actually sort of pops.  The FDE section of the gun actually looks like it was a drawing in some anime.

Wow, that's wicked cool.  I wish I could do that.  How long did that take to do?

On the black, you cannot notice the lines but on the FDE section, you can definitely notice it.  It actually sort of pops.  The FDE section of the gun actually looks like it was a drawing in some anime.

This one took about 8 hours start to finish but only because i wanted to be extremely detailed with every component. I can blow up the pic and export it in an extremely high resolution. Just wait until I color fill the image, it'll look a lot better. Here are some others that I did way back when....

Optimus Prime

Optimus_Original_zps57561a8e.gif

Optimus_Lines_zps00d69525.jpg

Optimus_Final_zps9a3d145e.jpg

Thundercats

Thundercats_Original_zpsb175dddc.jpg

Thundercats_Lines_zpsafe7fc08.jpg

Thundercats_Final_zpsb8b590ff.jpg