Sign in to follow this  
wkeilsw

New paper work and more money for permits.

So I went to my PD to get 5 p2p's(east windsor). The detective informed me that there is a form I have to fill out online thats 20$. It sends the PD a State Police criminal background check.

This is new to me and he said it was new to him.

Anyone seen this? I think it was called a st-12 form or something.

So I went to my PD to get 5 p2p's(east windsor). The detective informed me that there is a form I have to fill out online thats 20$. It sends the PD a State Police criminal background check.

SB212A is the new form, and yes you fill it out online. I had to use it last year when applying for permits through NJSP.

Yes I had to do the same thing last year...its basically the same background check as before but online.

Just curious, for those who have used the new online process were the wait times less or about the same.

Honestly it was longer for me only because there is a new officer doing the P2Ps. However I don't anticipate a delay the next time.

16 days??? what dept do you go through.. thats awesome.. my first set i wasonly allowed 2 permits and it took 4 months. i moved and when i changed my address i decided to get more permits and was told i could get as many as i wanted(LEO) so i got 5( should have gotten more, i used them in 2 weeks lol) but it only took 5 weeks which i thought was incredible.. but 16 damn, im inpressed

I'll put the $20 away for when I move to a free state and walk out of the gun store with any weapon within a few minutes of paying for it, without any permit crap

I think mine was 14 days

about 6 days after I dropped off the application

I got a letter that I need to get an online back ground check

I did it the same day

got the call to pick up the permit today

now the pressure is on

to decide as what to get on permit #2

Friend of mine moved to NH

got his drivers on Friday

applied for concealed carry on Monday

got it the following Monday which happened to be his birthday

I just applied for two permits. The local PD provided a packet that included online pdf versions of both the form and the background check. Background check online is $20 but then you don't need the $18 money order for the State Police. I printed out the forms and took them in with another $4 for the two pistol permits. They called today to ask about my employer information because the online form made the font really small and I couldn't fix it.

The process is certainly better than it used to be. Now it's just a question of how long it takes.

Got my P2ps in about 3 weeks!  I have not requested a P2P in at least 20 years yet my local PD did not mention

the online form. They just took the one form and $4.00. They never contacted my references or my employer.

I don't get why it was so easy for me???

Got my P2ps in about 3 weeks!  I have not requested a P2P in at least 20 years yet my local PD did not mention

the online form. They just took the one form and $4.00. They never contacted my references or my employer.

I don't get why it was so easy for me???

not even mental health form ?

Last round was 6 weeks. (Normal for my town) Got them end of September. No extra forms. I gave them mental health form but they did not need it. They said I was probable the last person to get the old short forms permits and not have to do the online process.