DTtuner

Pelican Case Foam Replacement

I'm currently trying to get a feel for the interest in replacement Pelican Case foam.

Through a reliable source, I'm able to get blocks of foam which are identical to the foam included with our Pelican cases.

The type of foam is Identical, the size and dimensions are not.

This foam replacement would be for the DIY folks out there. Not a drop-in replacement.

The Plus? I can sell these foam blocks for the equivilent of half the price of OEM Pelican foam.

Example:  $30 for the 1720 case replacement (a bit more for the larger cases)

Again, the dimensions are not the same, and you would need a Hot Needle, or some kind of automatic knife to cut the foam down to the desired size/shape. I would sell enough foam to fill the case top-to-bottom. You would be responsible for cutting the foam.

See below for details. As you can see, some of the blocks have minor imperfections.

None that would effect protecting your valuables.

Foam Block Size --  4"  x  4.5"  x  15 3/4"

20141003_073726_zps2c9ad102.jpg

20141003_073700_zps26ad5891.jpg

20141003_073656_zpsbe6b657b.jpg

20141003_073647_zpsb535fa9d.jpg

20141003_073632_zpsf3a02a5d.jpg

Just replaced mine with pluck foam. The flat stuff is a pain in the arse and can only be used for what it's cut.

There is a company that specialize in Pelican foam of all types at reasonable prices. If you could get pluck foam, that would be cool. :)

Here is their site:

http://www.foamerica.com/Default.asp

I got the big case, (7250 I think, fits two long rifles and gear)....

Prob I had with everyone that sold this stuff, except the one I listed was they sold you all three pieces. Most don't need the upper and lower layer. Just the middle solid or pick pluck...

Personally, I dispise the pick and pluck foam that comes with the Pelican cases.

Always looks like crap.

I replace the pick and pluck with a closed cell foam. It makes for very nice, clean cut outs for firearms and accessories.

I'll dig up my source for the foam, but I believe it's www.foamfactory.com

I make myself a cardboard template of the item I want to inlet into the foam. This makes for a smoother cutout with a better fit.

I hold the template to the closed cell foam with toothpicks, and cut around it using an Olfa knife. Remove the template and the cut foam.

Presto, a perfectly fitted case for guns or gear.

Personally, I dispise the pick and pluck foam that comes with the Pelican cases.

Always looks like crap.

I replace the pick and pluck with a closed cell foam. It makes for very nice, clean cut outs for firearms and accessories.

I'll dig up my source for the foam, but I believe it's www.foamfactory.com

I make myself a cardboard template of the item I want to inlet into the foam. This makes for a smoother cutout with a better fit.

I hold the template to the closed cell foam with toothpicks, and cut around it using an Olfa knife. Remove the template and the cut foam.

Presto, a perfectly fitted case for guns or gear.

The one I listed has regular replacements too.