I'm generally in business casual or a suit and I carry a SOG Twitch II. I wear it IWB, so to speak, with the clip under the belt so that it's easily accessible, won't be obvious, yet won't tear up delicate dress pant pockets.

nice.jpg

Typically, I carry one of the above knives for special occasions...though a few of those have never been carried...

My most commonly carried dress knives are the Spyderco "R" Nishijin, Volpe, Spyker, Centofante III, or occasionally Police.

I've already sort of figured this out, and I'm not going to play dumb. But shouldn't something you call a "dress knife" be a knife you want to match your clothing because it is visible or even decorative?

I guess a better term would be "gentleman's knife."

I have one of these that I carry when wearing a suit.  More of a classic look. 

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LNR65U/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When in formal attire my go-to's have been: In the past: Custom Graham Bros. Carbon Fiber Wee Razel SS in a low ride clipped ostrich pocket holster (That knife was gifted to a friend on his wedding day when it was needed to cut the ribbon holding the rings to the ring-bearer's pillow. It was fate or something.)

Now... until I replace the Wee (which may take a while :()... I usually go with my Dervish Knives Silverfish. Small. Unobtrusive. Lotta knife, little package. 

Also been known to carry my Strider PT-CC, usually in khakis, not suits or slacks, and am contemplating finding myself a Gold-Class Benchmade Shoki for formal wear as well because... why not. :D

Black and silver go with everything.... :)
SOG FASTBACK....

The Flashback has the distinction of being the fastest assisted opening blade available - also includes locking safety and reversible pocket clip, an ideal knife for everyday carry.

tl_sat004_0000_main.jpg

I've already sort of figured this out, and I'm not going to play dumb. But shouldn't something you call a "dress knife" be a knife you want to match your clothing because it is visible or even decorative?

I have been wanting a William Henry knife for a dress knife but I never dress up unless its a wedding or a funeral so I cant justify spending that much cash on a knife im almost never going to carry or use.

As stated previously my "go to" dress knife is a William Henry B-10 Carbon Fiber. So light you don't even know it's there. Thought you might enjoy a picture...

2qx1api.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

As stated previously my "go to" dress knife is a William Henry B-10 Carbon Fiber. So light you don't even know it's there. Thought you might enjoy a picture...

Pizza Bob

Pizza Bob:

I think you selected a very attractive knife and think that we have similar tastes in nice pocket knives. 

For my EDC, that I carry durijng the week inside my suit, to open letters and boxes, is a:

William Henry B30-Blackbird Gentac - Carbon Fiber folding knife

Here is a link to photos:

http://www.williamhenry.com/knives/b30-gentac/gentac-blackbird-563.html

This is a very sleek, elegant, nicely crafted, as well as very light, (1.6 oz) pocket knife.  The body is titanium and the handle uses titanium bolsters with black carbon fiber inlays.  The strong 3” blade is tungsten DLC coated made from ZDP-189 stainless steel. It has a blue colored titanium pocket clip.

AVB-AMG