thelosticon

cowitnessing with cut off front sight

So ever since I cut off the front sight, I've been on a mission to try and cowitness with backup sights. The problem was that the ultimak and tws are not on the same plane, so I raised the ultimak .28 inches to rise to the tws level. the backup sights are from chaos USA.

DSCF1672_zpscd1ffd00.jpg

DSCF1675_zpsfdb4f979.jpg

DSCF1677_zps843e0e99.jpg

DSCF1687_zpsb4a0f0c6.jpg

DSCF1683_zps887ed994.jpg

DSCF1678_zps9209cfe1.jpg

Sorry, I can’t offer any advice on the cowitnessing issue but I have to say it’s very nicely done. Is that the .223 or 7.62? And with the rounds peeking out of  bottom of the mag  I have to ask is that your mod or is Tapco offering a special 2-sided mag for ban states? I hope you get the sights worked out to your satisfaction. Again, very nice build

thanks everyone

Sorry, I can’t offer any advice on the cowitnessing issue but I have to say it’s very nicely done. Is that the .223 or 7.62? And with the rounds peeking out of  bottom of the mag  I have to ask is that your mod or is Tapco offering a special 2-sided mag for ban states? I hope you get the sights worked out to your satisfaction. Again, very nice build

its chambered in 7.62x39, the mag is my own mod. its made up of 2 10 round tapcos with cut down followers to make it 15x each. the floor plates are eliminated, instead I use my own proprietary double sided floor plate that also acts an internal coupler, final shape and size is identical to a 30 round steel mag

Nice, If you ever mass produce them I'm sure you could unload a few here. Again nice job all the way around

I have about a dozen or so, but could easily make more... I had them listed here in the marketplace a while back to try and gauge the interest.... but no bites

Could you post the link to the how-to on making that 870 forend fit the Saiga?

I don't think theres a definitive how to per say, but ill try and post any relative info

this is the post on saga 12 that I originally came across and inspired me to try this http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/93061-first-ak-sbr/

also another user from saga 12 http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/92200-my-different-x39/

There is some significant dremil work as well as body filing with jb weld. I would say the hardest part is the body body filling work. I don't think any of those other members at saga 12 forum did that part of the mod, but it really is important to give it a clean look and a tight fit around the rear sight block

This is the handguard mount from carolina shooters supply http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/css-bc-small-flat.htm

hope these help

DSCF1691_zps4b549fca.jpg

DSCF1688_zps56690303.jpg

DSCF1692_zps5983b6b4.jpg