Polak

Desert Eagle .50AE - my next purchase?

I'm thinking about buying the desert eagle as my next toy. It would be in 50AE. I have a permit burning a hole in my pocket.

I don't care about ammo prices considering it's more a novelty.

If you have one, I'd appreciate your input. Should I buy one? Pics are welcome :)

I love mine. It's just fun to shoot and it's a show stopper. Firing that thing brings other people around. I only ever load one bullet at a time. If you got the cash id say grab it. Lol. Everyone needs their own miniature cannon

That's my reasoning behind it. Ha. I found it pretty "cheap" online.

I purchased one a few months ago. It's a beast of a gun. Only got to shoot it once due to work commitments, but I have to say it's a blast to shoot. The recoil is stout, but not as bad as my sw500.

Buy it and enjoy.

Shot onoe only once. Recoil was less than I had expected but still considerable. I was mostly impressed by the cartoonishly largeness of the gun itself. I couldn't reach the safety with my thumb and had to use the other hand. It was a fun gun to shoot. Difficult to ccw - a little bulky and my pants would fall down.

Woodland park has one in the rental fleet

Yeah, I know. I think its $50 to rent it and you get 10 rounds. To me, thats ridiculously expensive to fire 10 rounds. I would rather meetup with someone at the range that has one and buy a box of Hornady ammo for $25 for 20 rounds. I shoot 10 rounds and then give them 10 rounds as a thank you.