Sign in to follow this  
rush1329

"High Steel" shotshells

Sounds like an odd request but bare with me...

For my friends wedding, part of the groomsmens boutaineers will be involving spent shotshells. she wanted pink hulls with high brass that is steel or nickel, rather than brass colored. we can paint the hulls but silver paint does not look like chrome. i have been looking everywhere and can't find anything. i even went to cabelas and peeked in the box of any shotshell i thought might work. shot size is unimportant since the spent hull is what is needed. if anyone knows for sure of any nickel or steel high brass rounds i would be very appreciative.

Only pink  shotgun shells I know of are the federal top gun target loads. They are not high brass. I have seen white high brass shells which you can probably hit up with vinyl dye to get a non flaky pink out of, but to the best of my recollection they are all brass colored, not some form of white metal. That being said, most of the brass looking case heads  are really some form of alloy that is white and plated, so a dremel and some polishing compound might get you silver and shiny.