You cant even apply for CCW unless you have a letter of NEED from your employer?!?!? 

That right there is how 98% of applicants are getting CCW

NJ needs to be F&%#ed in the ass with a rusty piece of rebar.

I don't want to air my dirty laundry, but I have a legitimate need for CCW now and there is no point to even apply. Sadly if I had known about the "threat" to me earlier I could have tried to get a lawyer and sue the state, and I would be willing to do that, but now the thread is possibly imminent and even if I could apply it would potentially be too late even if they decided to give it to me.My family has been "protecting me" and now I wish they hadn't

Who said you need a letter from your employer? If it is your local PD, they are lying and restricting you from applying. All against the law. If they deny your application because of that, you have good grounds to appeal.

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

You should still be upset about other things, but the SP 642 says:

"If this application is employment-related, then your employer must supply this letter"

So if it's not related to your job you don't bother with the employer letter. If it was your PD that told you that, they may have meant that only armed guards will actually GET the CCW but you can ask.

The cover page said You "Must have a letter of NEED attached from your employer".

I went back in and asked the receptionist. I asked why I needed a letter from my employer and she replied something to the effect that is because it says so. Then I said it has nothing to do with my employer, she then asked who I worked for and I told her, then she asked why I wanted the CCW and I told her that my mother had threatened my Uncles life and that she was to be released from the mental institution today. And then she said unless my job required it that they don't give them out in NJ.

She is the one that handles all of the across the desk stuff with FID and permits. She was also the one that put my fingerprint on the FID when I picked it up

My mother is a legitimate threat to all people in NJ. She has attacked me in the past, she lied to the police about me, said I threw her down on the ground, that I picked her up over my head and slammed her on the ground, which I would not have been able to do and the ceiling was only 6 feet high in the basement. I tried to get a restraining order against her years ago, but was told that I couldn't get one, that I had to do "mediation" instead. I just found out today that she attacked her last boyfriend, threw bleach in his face, then jumped on him and beat him, knocked out his front teeth. She also evaded Ewing police in a car chase last week. They finally caught her and had her brought to Princeton house. She was to be released today from Princeton House but my Uncle finally threatened to sue Ewing PD if they allowed her to be released. He had to threaten them because they refused to press charges against her for the evading because she is "mentally ill". During her time in the hospital she drew a picture of someone stabbing children and said something about they needed to die, but you know, she is OK enough to be released. Oh and supposedly she lives across the street from an elementary school?

This is all second hand except my experience. I don't talk or associate with her, its been about 12 years. She did show up to my house once after I purchased my home, no idea how she found out where I lived. And she calls me yearly harassing me, sometimes more

Who said you need a letter from your employer? If it is your local PD, they are lying and restricting you from applying. All against the law. If they deny your application because of that, you have good grounds to appeal.

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

So should I go and apply anyway? I dont care about answering "no' from now on if I move somewhere else

And then she said unless my job required it that they don't give them out in NJ.

Well, that is pretty much the case in this shithole.

You can try to get one with "justifiable need", but don't hold your breath.

You'd have to have the knife to your throat while standing before the judge to even be considered, and then you'd still probably be denied.

You can try to get one with "justifiable need", but don't hold your breath.

You'd have to have the knife to your throat while standing before the judge to even be considered, and then you'd still probably be denied.

Yeah, that's why I said I would sue if I had to, but there isn't really time if they let her out now.

I know people keep saying that we need to do more in NJ, but NJ is not part of the USA as far as I am concerned. I think the only way to save it is all out revolution at this point. I can't wait to live in more "Free America"

You will be denied. Your circumstances are not good enough to carry a gun in NJ per law. This is not advice, but if someone is fearful for their life, they must do what they have to do.

Dealing with this with stepson. He is back in a syche ward for eval since last Friday. Again! At least 6 times In 5 years. Personal experience. Grin and bear it. Not being smart but until she physically harms you. You cannot get a rto. And believe me threats to the facility or authorities can only lead to trouble for you if you cross a line that they draw.
And face it there is no way you will have a CCW issued in this state
Sorry if this sounds harsh but it's the truth. And only spoke from experience