tommyfeds

No consent to search sticker/tag/magnet on your safe........

Came across something similar on FB and did a search. Found a few more on Calguns with some specific lawyer info at the bottom. I was wondering what good, if any, does this do? If I attach it to a range bag will it stop anything? Im thinking if I have an officer rummaging through my trunk on the side of the road........he's already gotten a warrant to do so. Additionally, if there's an officer in my basement (hypothetically if that's where I kept firearms.....*IF* I had firearms) ....again, there has to be a much bigger problem.......and there's already a warrant. 

Granted, the below image has Calguns legal info on it, however would something similar for NJ be worth anything?

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6234/6252330889_a83fee827b.jpg

6252330889_a83fee827b.jpg

Thanks for reading my ramblings

Tom

He doesn't really need a warrant to search your car. He only needs your permission or reasonable cause. In the house is a bit different. Unless you are running and gunning outside, then run into your house, all bets are off. They will follow you to hell. But if they have investigated you, they may already have a warrant or will get one. If not, you can tell them to beat feet and come back with one.

Its not reasonable cause. Its probable cause and reasonable suspicion. Two completely different things

Solly bout dat. Was watching TV while typing and boobs sidetracked me. Thanks for the correction. ;)

Don't know how true this is, but I was told by a friend that some warrants are specific as to what they are searching for.  So if there is a warrant for drugs they can't confiscate something else they find such as guns.  Again, don't know how true this is.

Those are awsome. Might put them on my tool bag . Will cause a ruckus as I walk through the port autority and subway. I know its legal to search bags there but it will give them pause for sure.

Be prepared to get access to the system revoked. You dont consent to the bag check you are not allowed to ride. Thats how it goes where im at

Don't know how true this is, but I was told by a friend that some warrants are specific as to what they are searching for. So if there is a warrant for drugs they can't confiscate something else they find such as guns. Again, don't know how true this is.

Put it this way. If they are looking for drugs then they will be looking for guns. They go together usually. If you come across a safe it takes one phone call to add on to the warrant but more than likely you will have in the warrant all access, even to locked areas.

This does not prevent a search incidental to a warrant.  If you listen to the radio show you would understand the intent of this is to prevent someone (ie the driver of the car you are driving in) from giving verbal consent to search a vehicle.  It's a legal maneuver.  It will not stop anyone from actually searching your bag on site, what it 'may' do is cause the evidence found to be thrown out at trial IF you find an honest judge (good luck with THAT).

This does not prevent a search incidental to a warrant.  If you listen to the radio show you would understand the intent of this is to prevent someone (ie the driver of the car you are driving in) from giving verbal consent to search a vehicle.  It's a legal maneuver.  It will not stop anyone from actually searching your bag on site, what it 'may' do is cause the evidence found to be thrown out at trial IF you find an honest judge (good luck with THAT).

^^^In a Nutshell, THIS is right!  It's NOT a "get outta jail free card", it's merely a remedy for AFTER you're arrested, processed, disarmed and made a Prohibited Person.  It's also a very interesting MARKETING TOOL, much like a business card only printed with hunter-orange ink........

It may not prevent anything from happening at that time. However it's a damn strong piece of evidence that could potentially get evidence thrown out in court. (Fruit of the poisonous tree)

That's exactly the point. When it comes to consent, cops lie. Or twist what you say, or even twist your silence. But mostly lie.

Things like this and video have saved millions of people from illegal cop searches.

I understand the possible up side to these tags and stickers but if I saw that luggage tag, I would sure as hell think

the owner had something to hide. Forget places like airports and if a LEO sees this tag on a bag in your trunk, he is

already looking in your trunk which means you gave consent, he has probable cause or a warrant anyway.

Not sure about that. A friend used to use the in plain site rule to search. Even if it were not. Like the most used today (I got a strong smell of ...) so upon investigation.

I always cringe when I see that on a report. not so much for the arrested person but for the others who did nothing wrong were searched and sent on there way.

Don't know how true this is, but I was told by a friend that some warrants are specific as to what they are searching for.  So if there is a warrant for drugs they can't confiscate something else they find such as guns.  Again, don't know how true this is.

Any warrant has to specify what you're searching for. Any contraband not specified in the warrant can be seized and you can be charged.

I understand the possible up side to these tags and stickers but if I saw that luggage tag, I would sure as hell think

the owner had something to hide. Forget places like airports and if a LEO sees this tag on a bag in your trunk, he is

already looking in your trunk which means you gave consent, he has probable cause or a warrant anyway.

You missed the intent of the tag.  The idea is that if you are in SOMEONE ELSE'S car and they give consent to search the car,  the tag is there to notify that the bag is NOT COVERED by permission to search given by the driver.

I hope u have no gun stickers on your car.

Only one! "people don't kill people, GUNS KILL PEOPLE"

You missed the intent of the tag.  The idea is that if you are in SOMEONE ELSE'S car and they give consent to search the car,  the tag is there to notify that the bag is NOT COVERED by permission to search given by the driver.

Thank you!  I read through the thread quickly and subsequently missed the point. In that scenario, they would indeed be useful! 

That's exactly the point. When it comes to consent, cops lie. Or twist what you say, or even twist your silence. But mostly lie.

Things like this and video have saved millions of people from illegal cop searches.

Gee. I surprised it took you this long to bring stupidity to this thread

These tags are a GREAT marketing tool.  In this state, since it's ILLEGAL to drive out-of-your-way to go pick-up a friend on the way to a hand gun match, in reality NO ONE actually car-pools since (especially with Newbies) all I see coming to hand gun matches are driver-occupied ONLY vehicles.  Now Tacti-cooled M-4's in codura nylon cases with "hidden" hi-cap mags loaded with hollow points or AP and thrown into a friend's cars' trunk I could see where these tags may come in handy, lol!   Sans the hand guns, hi-cap mags, HP's and AP rounds, your M-4's could be driven all around town to the bank, grocery store, and everywhere else EXCEPT a gun-free zone (like a school yard or Military installation). 

Folks, I'll let ya in on a little secret:  All these tags really do is keep honest Cops honest (and the VAST majority of them already are).  If your car is getting searched because you're drunk, high, or caught doing something stupid like throwing a stolen flatscreen TV into your vehicle, well, the tag won't do ya much good.  It reminds them they need either probable cause or a warrant to search FURTHER.  That's right, I said FURTHER!  Go to a major sporting event and getting your trunk searched has been SOP for DECADES!  So you and your friends and parents have knowingly or unknowingly already allowed searches to take place in order to gain access to private property, even that which has been paid for with PUBLIC tax dollars........

Makes ya THINK now don't it???????

Dave

Attorney in fact