John3754

Glock 26 for CCW?

I would have no problem with it, some may.  And others say that a G19 is not much different and to go with that.  It will come down to what your comfort factor is.  May I suggest trying different vendors in the same category for what feels good in your hands and then seeing what sits well on your hip.  Unless your interest is in the pocket gun variety. Whole other game there.

I've carried the 17,19, and 26 as a plainclothes and retired LEO for over 15 years. There's difference between a 17 and 26. There's no real difference carrying a 17 vs a 19 or a 19 vs 26. Unless you are trying to fit it in the smallest box possible. The only thing a 26 is better at is carrying in an ankle holster because of the shorter grip and OAL. If you put the finger extension on the 26 you've made the grip the same length as the 26. The 19 is easier to shoot and for the slight increase in size you get 50% more capacity. The 26 is far from a pocket gun.

The 19 is the best all around 9 mm IMO.

I've carried the 17,19, and 26 as a plainclothes and retired LEO for over 15 years. There's difference between a 17 and 26. There's no real difference carrying a 17 vs a 19 or a 19 vs 26. Unless you are trying to fit it in the smallest box possible. The only thing a 26 is better at is carrying in an ankle holster because of the shorter grip and OAL. If you put the finger extension on the 26 you've made the grip the same length as the 19. The 19 is easier to shoot and for the slight increase in size you get 50% more capacity. The 26 is far from a pocket gun.

The 19 is the best all around 9 mm IMO.

^ This is the "A" answer, along with my caveat of "Make every effort to carry the gun you shoot the best, your life may just depend on it"

Want a glock 26 but afraid it's too thick for carry? Boy do I have a solution for you!!! Introducing the Kahr PM9. Check your local market place listings for further details.

Yeah, yeah cheap plug. But it's pretty damn close to a glock

This is also an option of you can't conceal a Glock adequately. I have one that is mostly carried as a BUG but is occasionally pressed into primary carry duty. The capacity is significantly reduced from a G19, but it is a nice little price that does what I need when I can't carry my G23 or G35.

Remember, CCW is more than slapping a gun on your hip and walking out the door. It is a system. It requires lifestyle adjustment and often times a wardrobe/style change. It requires attention to detail and an upgrade in situational awareness.

It is a commitment that should not be taken lightly or attempted half-heartedly.

*Note: this is not directed at anyone, just a point to consider. Especially in this state where CCW is not practiced often or consistently due to prohibitive NJ gun laws.