Sign in to follow this  
MattMcMusicNJ

NJ FFL Transfer; Experience of given shops?

Greetings all and cheers to first post.

I am hoping someone will be able to put my mind at ease here. I have a firearm picked out (a'la GunBroker, a long gun), but I am having trouble choosing exactly which FFL to ask to transfer. I've narrowed it down to a few shops based on price and location, cross-referencing with the FFL Transfer Cheat Sheet on the forums. These are the shops I am considering to ask to transfer:

Bullseye Tactical Supplies in Woodbridge

OMG Custom Guns in Bayone

Action Shooters Supply in Haledon

GSD Coatings in Keyport

Hunting World Guns and Ammo in Millstone Township

Lincoln Park True Value Hardware (if Bruce is still around)

Being located in North-Jersey, these are currently my options. Guys, please, if you have ANY feedback or previous experiences with any of these establishments, or want to share a shop I dont have listed that is in North-Jersey, please share with me. Its a hard decision, and any reinforcement or knowledge of past experiences will be beyond beneficial to my selection.

Thanks to anybody that helps. 

why would you drive all over creation especially to south jersey for a simple transfer?

are you a member at gunfor hire if so its around $20 for a transfer

the time and money u spend driving to keyport etc.. will end up costing the more than local to you.

I use Jim at Action Shooters Supply on a regular basis for the past few years. Always a great experience and his prices are fair. Thats what keeps me coming back. Highly recommend.

Ditto.  If Jim could have got that gun for you though there will be a premium on his transfer price.

Though if you're a member at GFH you can't beat his price.

In response to T Bill, I'm in Union County, and Keyport is only a 30 minute drive from where I am so that's why I listed it.

Unfortunately, I am not a member of GFH. The membership fees are a little steep for me now so the transfer is out of the equation for GFH.

I'll look more into Jim. Thanks for your responses. Anything else to add, don't hold back. All opinions are welcomed.

I use Jim Flynn. His transfer + NICS is a little high ($56) if you purchase elsewhere & ship to him but his purchase prices are tough to beat. I just bought a NIB Ruger LC9 for $390.02 out the door...NJ sales tax & NICS included. Every place else I looked was $375-$425 plus tax and NICS.

This signature is AWESOME!!!